Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    What kind of cable do I need to connect a antenna to a HDTV?

    This is a discussion on What kind of cable do I need to connect a antenna to a HDTV? within the DTV | HDTV Reception and Antenna Discussion forums, part of the Over-the-Air (Antenna TV) category.

    Results 1 to 3 of 3
    1. #1


      Just curious as to what kind of cabling I'm going to need to connect a antenna to my HDTV? It'll be the first time I've gone without cable.

    2. #2

      Webmaster of Cache Free TV

      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Las vegas
      Blog Entries


      You will need Coaxial cable with "F" connectors on the end. You will find it at Wal-Mart, radio shack, etc. Get RG-6, not the cheaper and thinner RG-59.

    3. Post a New Topic!
  • #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Houston Tx USA


    As Pogi has said, the RG6 is the right stuff. But, are you saying that you previously have had Cable at your present location ? IF that is the case, you probably already have Coaxial Cable installed there which will work quite well for Antenna reception.


    Quick Reply Quick Reply

    Click here to log in

    What state is the city of Los Angeles located in? (Answer this question correctly, it is used to stop spammers)

    Share this Post

    Join DTVUSAForum

    The leading television and technology community discussion site, join today!

    DTV USA Forum is the best source of television
    and technology troubleshooting advice from a community of experts and members.

    Back to top