Converting BUD to FTA

Converting BUD to FTA

This is a discussion on Converting BUD to FTA within the Free-to-Air (FTA) forums, part of the All Other Cable and Satellite Providers category.

Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    DTVUSA Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Converting BUD to FTA


    I have a c-band dish in the yard and would like to upgrade it to FTA. One company said I would need a new receiver, positioner, and ku/c-band LNBF. Does this sound right? Thanks

  2. #2

    Webmaster of Cache Free TV

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Logan, UT
    Blog Entries

    I don't have a dish, and I am not really "educated" fully in FTA, but from what I understand you can get FTA on your big dish. There are 2 bands, C band and Ku. What you have is C band, and what the company was refering to was converting your dish to Ku, I believe. I think C band may offer more unscrambled content. You may need a new LNBF, I think you may need a new reciever if the one you have is really old.

    Here's a FTA list for C band:
    American Satellite Distributors for DirecTV, Free-to-Air, Hotel TV, Towers

    Wish I had a big ugly dish.


Related Topics and Posts

  1. Converting NM in dB to power in dBm - DTV | HDTV Reception and Antenna Discussion Forum
  2. Converting Digital TVGOS Stream to Analog - Electronic Program Guide, TVGOS, and Guide Plus+ Gold Forum

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

George ___________ was the first president of the United States (Answer this question correctly, it is used to stop spammers)

Tags for this Thread

Share this Post

Join DTVUSAForum

The leading television and technology community discussion site, join today!

DTV USA Forum is the best source of television
and technology troubleshooting advice from a community of experts and members.

Back to top