+ Reply to Thread

Default Can you use a RF Modulator with a Converter Box?

My search brought me here but I didn't see this question asked?

Related Topics and Posts

- DTV | HDTV Reception and Antenna Discussion
    - Off Topic
    - Converter Boxes and ATSC Tuners
    - Converter Boxes and ATSC Tuners
    Banned

you should, the Converter actually hooks to the TV the same way as a RF Modulator, so the difference would be that instead of having the modulator going in-between your TV and audio/video source, it would now instead go between your audio/video source and the converter, which then goes to the TV. looks like hell in shelves dangling there but oh well.

Think of your converter box as your TV and then follow the directions

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    My search brought me here but I didn't see this question asked?
    If you've got a VCR and or a DVD player, you're probably going to need that RF modulator and a splitter (depending on if your TV is capable of accepting more than one input or not. If you've already got a modulator, what's connected to it right now and how are you going to add your converter box to your setup?

If you wanna use the composite ports then you'll need one. Otherwise you can hook up via coax.

What do you mean
    Can you use a RF Modulator with a Converter Box?
    The digital to analog converter box has a modulated output and a TV has a built in tuner/modulator. How do you want to connect it and to what are you connecting it to?

DTVUSA Rookie

yes I have a DVD player that is connected to the modulator and my TV has one connection on the back. I've been putting off connecting it but I guess I should just try hooking up the converter to the modulator?

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    yes I have a DVD player that is connected to the modulator and my TV has one connection on the back. I've been putting off connecting it but I guess I should just try hooking up the converter to the modulator?
    ok, so what are the inputs on the backup of your RF Modulator? 2 RCA inputs? or 1 RCA and 1 RF input?

DTVUSA Rookie

I've got 1 red, white, yellow and one single RF in and one single RF out. I figured it out. Plugged the dvd player in on the red,white,yuellow and plugged the converter on the RF.