+ Reply to Thread

Default The Seeker

I'm looking forward to ABC's foray into experimental television this year. Soon ABC will start airing a fantasy show called The Seeker. The show is based on a series of books by Terry Goodkind telling a tale of a man and his woman fighting against an evil empire. There is plenty of drama, magic, and action in the books so it should translate well to the screen.

Hope the show would end up good. I have never read the novel but I do love watching some fantasy related shows.

I've been looking forward for this one. I'm not sure every fan of the book will be happy about it though. Goodkind takes his writings seriously and Sam Raimi who's an excellent director tend to put some fun into his work. Trailer's looking good. A few more weeks!

Trailer
    "Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain." ~J.K. Rowling

I'm waiting for it too. ABC took a risk with Lost and it paid off, if they will do the same with The Seeker I think it will pay off as well. People are hungry for something different on television. Something besides cop shows, reality tv, sitcoms, and soaps.

This fits the bill totally.

Anything other than a reality tv show is good right now but yeah there haven't been any good fantasy tv show for a while that's not animated.
    "Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain." ~J.K. Rowling