+ Reply to Thread

Webmaster of Cache Free TV
    Blog Entries

Default Roku adds live AMG-TV channel

Attachment 2299 is US digital broadcast TV network that has been broadcasting on a limited number of OTA channels and on C-band satellite (Galaxy 19) for several years now. AMGTV is also available for free on the internet. AMGTV's content is mostly movies - 16 hours a day on weekdays. It broadcasts in 480i. I always hoped some local station would pick it up as a sub channel. But...

As of today AMGTV has been added to the Roku channel store as a live stream: You can also add it to your listings.

Here's a link to the TV stations broadcasting AMGTV from
    Here's a link to their schedules in PDF format:

I can report that the image quality is fairly good for SD on Roku, quite reliable and stable, but unfortunately it's in 4x3 format.

Good to see live streaming on Roku and tonight at 10:00pm AMGTV has some kind of pro wrestling show on there. Don't care much about pro wrestling anymore (since McMahon screwed the business up and screwed the business...) but I'll check it out anyway.

Last night after seeing this post, I watched the channel for a few minutes and they had a show on about popcorn lung, yea, popcorn lung. Not saying it isn't a real ailment but c'mon...Popcorn lung?

Good luck to AMGTV and I do hope they prosper.

Webmaster of Cache Free TV
    Blog Entries

OK, I'm not a wrestling fan, but for those that are, I am glad there is a place they can see it. (Still waiting for some free network to pick up a sport that matters, like Lingerie Football or Jello Wrestling...)

More choices and more content is good for me. It's not first run movies, but they're fairly recent, and the fact that they're SD is not a big deal - but I do wish the were 16:9. Ever since my local "ThisTV" affiliate also became a "MYnetwork" affiliate, I've had no "mostly movies" channel OTA here since they've pretty much stopped showing any ThisTV content - though they still have a lock on ThisTV across the entire state, so nobody else can have it. And MyNetwork content just plain SUCKS.