1/2 yr service

sunshine4

DTVUSA Member
My mother in law lives in NY for 6 months and in Florida for 6 months. She is now in Florida and didn't get the new converter box so has no tv. In NY she is with Time Warner. What would be the best option for her living in 2 different locations?

Yes616

The Mod Squad
Hard to say what options she has. Florida is a big place.

I assume that she has an antenna. What kind? UHF? VHF? Both? How far from a big city is she? Is cable available?

Satellite is an option she switches to satellite in NY but she would need to move the receiver(s) back and forth.

She is in Frost Proof, which is South of Orlando. Right now she just has an antenna and gets nothing because she had bought the converters and then sold them in a sale! Now she is down there and when I called, she was listening to the radio because she got nothing on the tv:) Crazy lady!

Yes616

The Mod Squad
She is in Frost Proof, which is South of Orlando. Right now she just has an antenna and gets nothing because she had bought the converters and then sold them in a sale! Now she is down there and when I called, she was listening to the radio because she got nothing on the tv:) Crazy lady!
Frost Proof? How frost proof have those in Frost Proof been the last few days? :D

The closest city to Frostproof, FL is the Tampa / St. Petersburg area. The TV stations in that area are both VHF and UHF. That requires that kind of antenna.

She must buy another converter as well.

For more information in this subject, you should post additional questions in the DTV reception forum.