15 Mbps Download

elvenrunelord

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I was over at a clients home last week setting up a new computer for them and noticed that their roadrunner account was downloading at over 15 Mbps. I was stunned that Roadrunner was offering true 1500k download speeds. Compared to dsl this is amazing.

Froix

DTVUSA Member
That's just effing amazing. I hear about these kinds of internet speed services a lot but haven't really seen it personally. You can stream high definition media on that thing without a glitch.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
I was over at a clients home last week setting up a new computer for them and noticed that their roadrunner account was downloading at over 15 Mbps. I was stunned that Roadrunner was offering true 1500k download speeds. Compared to dsl this is amazing.
1500K, that's impressive.

We've recently upgraded the office I work at to dual T1's...and after doing a couple of download tests, we barely manage 1800k-1900k download speeds. Elvinrunelord, I bet we're paying 10-20x what you're paying. :D

Taki

DTVUSA Member
Oh no doubt about it. T1's are expensive. I'm not sue but I bet that modem was uncapped for some reason. Roadrunners standard is like 600k with some people showing up to 900k in some areas. 500k is impressive!

Last edited:

Taki

DTVUSA Member
You can't legally. The company sometimes makes a mistake and leaves the cap off when they have to reset a modem or the service is first turned on. As long as you don't abuse it, they might not catch it for months to years to forever. Start downloaded 4 gig DVD ISO's and it will drop quick :p

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I have the turbo Road Runner and mine gets about 1500k too. I love it and would never switch to another provider. Funny how I used to think DSL was super fast, but I don't see myself ever going back.

teresa

DTVUSA Member
As I understand it, Time Warner has 3 different types of Roadrunner speeds. There's simple, normal, and turbo. They recommend turbo for people doing games and stuff online, but still, if it gets you there faster, that's great.