Mockingbird

DTVUSA Member
Do you think the world is going to end in 2012? or is this just the Notradamus 2000 stuff all over again?? When will all the doom and gloom finally end?:alien:

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I don't think it's doomsday, but it's possible there might be some disastrous event or some shift in the planet that could change things. I think people dwell too much on the negativity of 2012 and not the possibilities for change.

Piggie

Super Moderator
The biggest cause of depression is change. So change can be a very bad thing for those that don't like change.

======

Or we can look at the lighter side of the end of the world as it relates to different groups and individuals.

Christians and kids, since it ends on Dec 26, there is one last Christmas

Republicans. If Obama is re-elected, he will never serve a second term

Democrats. If Palin wins, she will never take office.

Israelis. They can hold out that long without giving up settlements in the Golan Heights.

Bernie Madoff won't have to serve his entire term (well the part on Earth)

The Iraq and Afghanistan wars will finally end.

The recession will come to an early end (not sure that is really good).

DTV will be replaced with GTV (well if God has TV?)

All the space junk won't matter any more.

Many divorces will be final.

It will end illegal immigration

No one will be around to pay off the deficit.

Iran will have no one to use their bomb on.

and

Doomsayers will have their wish, finally.

Aries

DTVUSA Member
I say that a controversy will erupt from the 2012 elections, a controversy that makes the Obama's birth certificate crap look like jaywalking, and a huge ************storm will be cooked up, resulting in utter chaos across the globe.

Excuse me while I emigrate to mars.

I say that a controversy will erupt from the 2012 elections, a controversy that makes the Obama's birth certificate crap look like jaywalking, and a huge ************storm will be cooked up, resulting in utter chaos across the globe.

Excuse me while I emigrate to mars.
Oh so Arnold will be elected president?? Bet no one saw that coming Huh? But in a seriousness you could be right maybe we will finally hear of some huge news that was kept for us.

I'll put my money on aliens

Remember 6/6/06? that was doomsday and yet the world is fine. i think it's some stupid BS just like Y2K, Conficker, Swine Flu, 6/6/06, and the Mayan calendar.

Truly our cars can roll over past 99,999 miles, surely the calendar will too. the Mayans died centuries ago so what do they know?

I'm suprised of how little media coverage this 2012 doomsday thing has gotten. Maybe it's too early? lol. FOX did a couple stories about it. I don't know, all these end of the world dates pop up and it turns out to be a regular old day and somehow someone managed to make a profit off of it by selling off survival books and gear.

If the world was really gonna end in 3 years I'm sure it would be plastered all over the place.

It's all speculation.

Piggie

Super Moderator
Media has too much dirt at the moment to need cover an 2012. However my evangelistic contacts say it's being added to the sermons in their churches. One of them told me her church's minister is saying that Obama is the gateway to the Anti-Christ. I kid you not and she believes it.

So it's gaining momentum, wait for the next lull in the 24 hour news cycle for it to emerge.

You think the Obama anti-christ is funny, there's actual politicians who refer to him as 'my Messiah'

The news must seriously be lacking in things to show since it appears hurricanes aren't happening as much so i guess they have to cook up this media frenzy and people then respond like 'well better to panic than ignore it that way you're prepared' like they did with swine flu.

First it was Conficker, the Paris-Hilton of computer worms, famous for doing nothing, then Swine Flu, the 'big one' that was supposed to kill us all, now this. the truly scary part is that people actually believe it.

I'm a very firm Christian and don't believe it has anything to do with it at all. i mean the Bible says ' no one will know the day or the hour, not God or any angels in heaven'