24: Redemption

Froix

DTVUSA Member
Anyone else looking forward to this show on the big screen? I'm seeing some familiar names in the cast; John Voight, Robert Carlyle, Powers Boothe and Janine Garafalo. I hope this one turns out well.

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
Anyone else looking forward to this show on the big screen? I'm seeing some familiar names in the cast; John Voight, Robert Carlyle, Powers Boothe and Janine Garafalo. I hope this one turns out well.
It's not going to theatrical release, if that's what you mean by "big screen." It's going to be a two-hour TV movie which will set up the seventh season.

Having said this, I am looking forward to it, sure. I'm a very big fan of the series; I've watched it since it premiered in 2001.

MacGyver

DTVUSA Member
Well, you can't forget Kiefer Sutherland in the cast list for obvious reasons. I too, thought this was going to be a theatrical release after seeing a trailer for it. Man, it would have been awesome in the theater. But, I'm sure it will still be very action packed on television as well, especially if you are watching it in high-def.

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
It is amazing the following that 24 has had over the years. It has been one of the most successful series that has been aired over the past decade. Many viewers started watching the show originally because Kiefer Sutherland brought such a strong presence to the show. But, of course they stayed for the the action and drama.

Froix

DTVUSA Member
It's not going to theatrical release, if that's what you mean by "big screen." It's going to be a two-hour TV movie which will set up the seventh season.
I see! This guy I know brought it up, He was so hyped telling me about the movie he failed to mention it was a TV movie. :p

I can't find any synopsis or summary to this thing yet. I wonder if the story's going to be somehow linked to the series.

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
I've seen reviews or comments on online reviews where 24 is characterized as "crack for the brain," meaning - of course - that it's very addictive.

Incidentally, Manny Coto (one of the show's main writers) says 24 is also a bit like a soap opera. (Watch the Season Six DVD set's Disc 7 and look for the featurette about the show's writers.)

chris2k5

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I just saw the commerical for it and I see that the president is a female! Too bad Hillary did not win the primaries to get the presidency!

I think the new approach is a lot better; It seems Jack isn't in the United States and is in a country with turmoil. I will definately tune in November 23rd. :)

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
I think the new approach is a lot better; It seems Jack isn't in the United States and is in a country with turmoil. I will definately tune in November 23rd. :)
Ha..ha. It isn't like the good ole United States doesn't have it's own trouble with turmoil. But, I do know what you mean.