Question: 28km 18 miles distance and antenna

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
i want to setup for an aunt an outdoor antenna for DTV for an apartment where is allowed setup antennas but i am wondering what kind of antenna can use for an closed area and 28KM-18 miles distance from the transmitter to the area where need pick up a signal, there have actually an indoor antenna but do not reach a TV channel due low power and need something that briong me an robust signal, i have a old 8 elements combined antenna which worked fine in my house where was 9KM distance but i do not know how would work in a place where is very far of the transmitter.

any help would be appreciated

Francisco

i want to setup for an aunt an outdoor antenna for DTV for an apartment where is allowed setup antennas but i am wondering what kind of antenna can use for an closed area and 28KM-18 miles distance from the transmitter to the area where need pick up a signal, there have actually an indoor antenna but do not reach a TV channel due low power and need something that briong me an robust signal, i have a old 8 elements combined antenna which worked fine in my house where was 9KM distance but i do not know how would work in a place where is very far of the transmitter.
If there's only one transmitter to worry about, then maybe some kind of very directional antenna would be good, like a log periodic. Helps to cut the multipath inside. Sorry for my ignorance. I don't know what brands of antenna are available in Chile.

No way to mount an antenna outside? Any VHF signals to worry about?

Rick

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
perhaps an traditional antenna VHF-UHF can be indicated or very directional one , is ok Rickideemus, do not have to know what brands of antennas is in here because in fact is no brands that be made in the United States just is a brazilean brand of antennas and many chinesses ones

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U DTV | HDTV Reception and Antenna Discussion 4