300 ohm lead-in okay?

lytle

DTVUSA Rookie
My existing antenna to the TV connection is with 300 ohm flat wire. I have purchased a new antenna and it has a co-axial female connection on it. I can use an adaptor (transformer) to accomodate the connection from the co-axial antenna to the flat wire lead in but I need to know how well this will work. The analog reception with the set up I have worked fine and I received good pictures. I receive digital stations now with the existing antenna and flat-wire lead-in but very poorly and that is the reason I purchased a new multi-directional antenna but I wonder if the 300 ohm flat wire lead-in contributes to a poor digital signal. It is quite a job replacing it with co-axial cable so I would rather not unless it's necessary. What do you think? Thanks for any information. Don

My existing antenna to the TV connection is with 300 ohm flat wire. I have purchased a new antenna and it has a co-axial female connection on it. I can use an adaptor (transformer) to accomodate the connection from the co-axial antenna to the flat wire lead in but I need to know how well this will work. The analog reception with the set up I have worked fine and I received good pictures. I receive digital stations now with the existing antenna and flat-wire lead-in but very poorly and that is the reason I purchased a new multi-directional antenna but I wonder if the 300 ohm flat wire lead-in contributes to a poor digital signal. It is quite a job replacing it with co-axial cable so I would rather not unless it's necessary. What do you think? Thanks for any information. Don
I have the perfect thread for you to read: http://www.dtvusaforum.com/dtv-reception/3141-twin-lead-wire-dtv-hdtv.html

It's basically the same question you asked but goes pretty far in depth. Post any questions you have after you've read it. ;)

Welcome to the forum by the way. :coca_cola_can:

lytle

DTVUSA Rookie
Thanks much for answering me. If I had been wise I would have screened previous questions and found the answer you provided. However, you were nice enough to answer and thanks again.