+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

  1. #1

    Default Converting BUD to FTA


    I have a c-band dish in the yard and would like to upgrade it to FTA. One company said I would need a new receiver, positioner, and ku/c-band LNBF. Does this sound right? Thanks

    Related Topics and Posts

    - DTV | HDTV Chat
    - DTV | HDTV Reception and Antenna Discussion
    - Electronic Program Guide, TVGOS, and Guide Plus+ Gold
  2. #2

    Webmaster of Cache Free TV
    MrPogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Las vegas
    Blog Entries


    I don't have a dish, and I am not really "educated" fully in FTA, but from what I understand you can get FTA on your big dish. There are 2 bands, C band and Ku. What you have is C band, and what the company was refering to was converting your dish to Ku, I believe. I think C band may offer more unscrambled content. You may need a new LNBF, I think you may need a new reciever if the one you have is really old.

    Here's a FTA list for C band:
    American Satellite Distributors for DirecTV, Free-to-Air, Hotel TV, Towers

    Wish I had a big ugly dish.

Related Topics and Posts on DTVUSAForum

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Reply to this topic as a guest. All guest posts will be moderated and approved within 2 hours.

Tags for this Thread

DTV USA Forum is the best source of televisionand technology troubleshooting advice from a community of experts and members.

Fromhobbyists to engineers, our diverse network of members chat about everything from the latest TV antenna hardware, Home Theater technology, cable, satellite, streaming tv, and much more.
Stay up to Date!
Join Today!
Join DTVUSAForum