4.1 Million Homes Not Ready for DTV (3-27-09)

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Nielsen Media Research reported on 3/20/09 that 4.1 million homes are still un prepared for the digital transition.

As reported by TVWeek,

The number of households unprepared for the digital transition has declined slightly since the beginning of March, Nielsen Media Research reported today.
Improving by about 350,000 homes since March 1, the percentage of homes completely unprepared for the digital transition stands at 3.4% as of March 15.

I hope this doesn't mean another delay. i mean i've already had to miss out on one channel that refuses to even turn on their DT-transmitter till after the real transition, weaker low-power problems with the ones i do get, and blasted by those PSAs long enough!

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
I hope this doesn't mean another delay. i mean i've already had to miss out on one channel that refuses to even turn on their DT-transmitter till after the real transition, weaker low-power problems with the ones i do get, and blasted by those PSAs long enough!
No kidding. ;) It'll be almost impossible to get everyone on board with the digital transition. 4 Mill is not a bad number with a little over 2.5 months left. That's like 1% of the U.S. population, right?