61-year-old woman gives birth

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
To her own grandchild (surrogate for her daughter)...

Both surrogate mother and baby were fine
This is impressive, not only in terms of an 61-year-old woman carrying a baby to term, but also in terms of medical technology. Apparently, doctors were able to remove an egg from the real mother, fertilize it, and then implant it into the surrogate mother (Or technically, grandmother).

Link to story: 61-year-old woman gives birth in Japan - Yahoo! News

Froix

DTVUSA Member
That is impressive. So a 61 year old mother giving birth to her daughter's child for her daughter who can't give birth. I was hesitant on reading this story at first but that is quite a story. :)

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I think the Japanese lifestyle have a lot to do with this. In general, they eat much healthier than a lot of countries, and take care of themselves better. This is definitely quite a story though. Glad mom and baby are ok :).

jigyasa

DTVUSA Member
The story really does portray the breakthrough in science. 61 years is pretty old to conceive normally. And I agree, Japanese diet does help maintain the body better. :)

Mei

DTVUSA Member
To her own grandchild (surrogate for her daughter)...

This is impressive, not only in terms of an 61-year-old woman carrying a baby to term, but also in terms of medical technology. Apparently, doctors were able to remove an egg from the real mother, fertilize it, and then implant it into the surrogate mother (Or technically, grandmother).

Link to story: 61-year-old woman gives birth in Japan - Yahoo! News
wow, this is really an interesting news. it is very rare for people to use a surrogate mother for fertilization. technology is really amazing and also the doctor who performed the removal of the egg. cool.

uplana

DTVUSA Jr. Member
There is no wonder in this news.I have read about it in a newspaper.It"s just a simple case of surrogate mother because her daughter was unable to conceive.

jack

DTVUSA Member
TOKYO (AP) -- A 61-year-old Japanese woman gave birth to her own grandchild, using an egg donated by her daughter.The woman's name was not disclosed, and it was not clear when the child was born. By some accounts, the birth occurred last year.

nick

DTVUSA Member
Yeah anything is possible in this world. But its a miracle anyway. Got to admit the truth!. They have a healthy life style which is one of the main reason for such things...

Sited

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I thought when I read the guiness book of world records age 54 was the record..? Is this a new record, do you have any pictures of when she was giving birth? pix or it didn't happen :) (lol I'm joking :p)

Anyways, that's really cool man, I'm still young so I won't have to worry about any of that any time soon, plus I'm a male so yeah, but didn't she get a lot of pain? o.o This was just so funny, I can't imagine her face..