6th Attempt - Spectrum tracking us with Image/Pixel/WebBeacon in Email and My Posts getting Deleted - Time Warner Internet

This question is about "6th Attempt - Spectrum tracking us with Image/Pixel/WebBeacon in Email and My Posts getting Deleted", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps. Facts:

1st Post: Lasted for a day, 75+ views. Removed.

2nd Post: Lasted for 10 mins, 5+ views. Removed.

3rd Post: Lasted for 5 mins, 2+ views. Removed.

4th Post: Lasted for a day, 100+ views. Removed.

5th Post: Lasted for 10 mins, 10+ views. Removed.

Question: Should we keep this private any longer?

Conversation so far:

Phil_B

7 hours ago

Re: [ABUSE] By: Forums_Help / Private Message (46384)

We do not track customer behavior outside of our portal (website) or webmail platform. Should an email message originate from a platform that inserts beacons/third party trackers, it may reside on our email platform and contain a beacon/third party tracker, but that beacon would not be inserted by Spectrum. This information was given to us by our product teams. thanks Pxxx

To: Phil_B

6 hours ago

Comments posted in the forum. Thank you,

Phil_B

7 hours ago

Hi there. From what I can see you are sending private messages as "abuse" which go to all admins and moderators on the forums. This is likely causing you to hit your messaging limit. You may either message me directly here, or if you prefer, you can contact me via email at pxxx.bxxx@charter.com. As for your issue with our emails-- Spectrum does not insert beacons or third party trackers to log customer behavior outside of our Webmail platform. We do use cookies to manage use of our service (e.g. authentication, sessions, performance data), but that is a standard, private practice and again, does not track anything outside of our Portal / Webmail experience. Thank you.

To: Forums_Help

7 hours ago

4th Attempt- Spectrum Tracking us with Image/Pixel/WebBeacon in Email and My Posts getting removed

All private messages need be posted here. So, 1. Do we conclude that Spectrum does use web beacon in Webmail? 2. I do not agree with the rest of your statement. I do not use Webmail, and my non-Spectrum email receives tracking tools regularly that my mail client needs to detect, block and display.

Forums_Help

12 hours ago

Re: 3rd Attempt- Spectrum Tracking us with Image/Pixel...

We have forwarded your comments about " Image/Pixel/WebBeacon in Email" to the appropriate team and are awaiting a reply. Please reply in this private message confirming your account information and include your preferred method of contact, whether it be email or phone in the event additional information is needed. We will be in touch with you when we have an update. We also ask again, that you refrain from reposting private messages. Failure to adhere to this guideline will result in being banned. Thank you.

8 hours ago

Thank you again for forwarding my comments to appropriate team, though I have been hearing that more than a month now from different Spectrum contacts, with no visible cooperation, resolution, or even with constant attempt to suppress public discussion, including this very message. In best of my knowledge, we went beyond an opportunity for private discussion more than a week ago, so any further attempt to get my contacts or to reach that way will be considered as solicitation and violation of my privacy. Please post your decisions in the forum instead, as all Spectrum customers deserve to know. I am hoping to see an acknowledgement and removal tracking tools from all Spectrum account-related emails in near future. Best, PS: I am blocked again with "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later." Error message. You have to allow me, in case you are expecting a timely response from this end. Reported, becasue this "Send Message" did not work.

Forums_Help

13 hours ago

Re: 2nd Attempt- Spectrum Tracking us with Image/Pixel...

Please refrain from reposting private messages. Your original post was restored. We reserve the right to edit or remove any post for any reason. Failure to adhere to these guidelines will result in a ban from the Forums.

13 hours ago

Please do not obstruct truth. I posted private meesage only after receiving consent of the modeartor. I invited to response publicly, and will be happy to discuss henceforth that way.

Forums_Help

13 hours ago

2nd Attempt- Spectrum Tracking us with Image/Pixel...

Your original post was restored. The irrelevant post requesting that the original post be restored was removed. Is there a reason that you reposted the request to restore your original post?

13 hours ago

Re: 2nd Attempt- Spectrum Tracking us with Image/Pixel...

No. But the forum deserves to know the truth. Reposted.

yesterdayPost removed?

I am getting access denied to a prevcious post: https://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Questionable-Posts/Image-Pixel-Tracking-by-Spectrum/td-p/16511... Please advise.

Forums_Help

yesterday

You are correct, your post was removed. Your post was general feedback, with the new year we have begun archiving. Thanks for your participation.

yesterday

Re: Post removed?

As mentioned in the original post, I tried for a month considering the issue as private between Spectrum and me and as a “general feedback” by an attempt to resolve over email, hoping it will be “noted”, but unfortunately with no acknowledge, response or action. In those emails, I clearly mentioned that a failure to respond by Dec 24th will leave me with no choice other than taking the next step(s). I took the privilege of being a Spectrum forum member to share my experience with my fellow members, as this seems to be the most relevant platform, only to see I am being prevented from doing so and silenced with authority repeatedly and “arbitrarily” (if I may reuse the word from the last comment I received). Let us leave that judgment to the forum, being transparent and restoring its real, original intention. Please provide evidence that my posts are not being removed as a control on what is allowed to discuss here, by sending me a link to the recent post in Suggestion section. I was expecting a response there, rather than this pm. Now I cannot send the above message because I see: " You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

Forums_Help

yesterday

Re: Post removed?

The Community Forums are intended to be for peer to peer technical support. Your post was general feedback and noted. Your Forum peers would not be able to assist further, so your post from 12/26/19 was archived . You are always welcome to post again.

Seems like my meesage went through after several error meesage. Please post here: https://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Suggestions-Questions-About-the/Spectrum-tracking-us-with-Imag...

Suggestion: Please remove all tracking tools currently/previously in use.

The original post:

Image/Pixel Tracking by Spectrum - Welcome to the Forums

6th Attempt - Spectrum tracking us with Image/Pixel/WebBeacon in Email and My Posts getting Deleted?