8 Day Program Guide and a Card in the front.

uceddiec

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I have the DTVPal DVR and I only get a 24 hourGuide listing and some ch. are not even the 24 hours in to the future. Is this probably the local stations not sending out enough info. Also mine came with a small credit card type card in the front slot. Does other owners have this card in their DVR?

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
I have the DTVPal DVR and I only get a 24 hourGuide listing and some ch. are not even the 24 hours in to the future. Is this probably the local stations not sending out enough info. Also mine came with a small credit card type card in the front slot. Does other owners have this card in their DVR?
uceddiec, Welcome to the DTVUSA Forum. Yes, I have the Smart Card in my Dish Network DVR. They all come with the Smart Card. It is supposed to be for future movie streaming via the internet.
If you are receiving a working TVGOS signal it will look like the following picture. Notice the TV Guide logo in the upper right hand corner.

If you're not receiving the TVGOS signal it will be missing the TV Guide logo.

This link shows who gets TVGOS.
RabbitEars.Info

These threads may be useful.
http://www.dtvusaforum.com/electron...old/2411-your-tvgos-functioning-properly.html

http://www.dtvusaforum.com/electron...gold/2278-tvgos-after-digital-transition.html

uceddiec

DTVUSA Jr. Member
uceddiec, Welcome to the DTVUSA Forum. Yes, I have the Smart Card in my Dish Network DVR. They all come with the Smart Card. It is supposed to be for future movie streaming via the internet.
If you are receiving a working TVGOS signal it will look like the following picture. Notice the TV Guide logo in the upper right hand corner.

If you're not receiving the TVGOS signal it will be missing the TV Guide logo.

This link shows who gets TVGOS.
RabbitEars.Info

These threads may be useful.
http://www.dtvusaforum.com/electron...old/2411-your-tvgos-functioning-properly.html

http://www.dtvusaforum.com/electron...gold/2278-tvgos-after-digital-transition.html
Thanks for the info. I will have to check and see but I don't think I am getting the logo. It's not a big deal but the other day I was watching the TV Movie Impact and it said the following week they were airing the second episode. Well I cant get more then a days listin so I could'nt tell the DVR to record it and had to hope not to forget. Still though...love the dvr.

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Thanks for the info. I will have to check and see but I don't think I am getting the logo. It's not a big deal but the other day I was watching the TV Movie Impact and it said the following week they were airing the second episode. Well I cant get more then a days listin so I could'nt tell the DVR to record it and had to hope not to forget. Still though...love the dvr.
It is nice to receive the TVGOS signal. It makes it nice for recording future programs. I'm sure you know, without the 14 day guide you can still set the timer to record a program. You set it to record a specific channel/date/start time/end time and you won't miss your second episode. Did you check RabbitEars.Info to see if you should be getting the TVGOS signal? If it's available in your area we should be able to get it working. Good Luck!

uceddiec

DTVUSA Jr. Member
It is nice to receive the TVGOS signal. It makes it nice for recording future programs. I'm sure you know, without the 14 day guide you can still set the timer to record a program. You set it to record a specific channel/date/start time/end time and you won't miss your second episode. Did you check RabbitEars.Info to see if you should be getting the TVGOS signal? If it's available in your area we should be able to get it working. Good Luck!
I forgot to check last night. I also did not know I could set it by clicking the ate, time and ch. Thanks for the reminder.:hail:

uceddiec

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Mine does not have the tv guide banner. It does show NBC and CBS more then one day out but not the others...maybe thats a broadcast issue. I after a day out have mostly "No Information Available".