A good TV antenna guy is hard to find

dkreichen1968

Staff member
From The Article:
Where can a new antenna man be found in these times?

After some searching, I found one in Potterville.

“I may be able to get to your area Thursday,” he said. “I’m very busy.”

Busy? With antennas?

“No one does this kind of work anymore,” he said. “I cover seven counties.”

But I thought I was the last guy in the world with a TV antenna.

“You’d be surprised,” he said. “A lot of people are figuring out they pay $1,200 a year to watch the same shows they could watch for free. Twelve hundred dollars buys one hell of an antenna.”

His dollar figures sounded exaggerated, so I looked it up. The market research firm Centris says digital cable TV in the United States costs about $75 a month, or $900 a year. That’s average, so many people pay more.

The antenna man climbed up our tower and found a “pre-amplifier” was shot.

He replaced it, upgraded some wires, and made the antenna as good as new. Parts and labor cost $190.

One hundred and ninety dollars seems pricey to fix a hunk of metal, but if we can watch TV for 20 more years it will cost 80 cents a month.

Smirk if you like, kids. The antenna man helps send you to college.
Read More Here: Brad Flory column: A good TV antenna guy is hard to find | MLive.com

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Well, I'm pretty easy to find. But since I only do it as a second income, I can be hard to schedule...

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Well, I'm pretty easy to find. But since I live in Seattle where it rains at least 9 months of the year and I don't do slippery roofs, I can be hard to schedule ... LOL!

Jim

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I don't know if there is anyone around here. I remember asking several folks about it a couple of years ago and they looked at me like I had 5 heads or something.