A question for Trip or anyone who can answer it

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
Since you now reside in Chattanooga, Tn. I was wondering if you or anyone else here knew which tv channel they have that broadcast nothing but local tourism information. I've seen it several times while vacationing in Chattanooga but can't seem to find any info about it online. Seems they have a similar (or the same) set up in Gatlinburg, Tn. as well. Also seems there is a tv channel promoting local tourism in Sandusky, Ohio too.

I'm not sure if these channels are on pay tv only or free over the air but I'd appreciate any info anyone has about them.

Thanks!

Last edited:

dkreichen1968

Staff member
I believe what your thinking about are local cable channels that are provided to hotel/motels for their guests. I've heard that they are the most watched channels by hotel guests.

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
I believe what your thinking about are local cable channels that are provided to hotel/motels for their guests. I've heard that they are the most watched channels by hotel guests.
I think you're correct since I found info about a similar channel in Orlando and the site say's it's only available in hotel/motels and such. I also found a link to the visitors channel in Gatlinburg, Tn. Unfortunately the live feed is down (maybe for the winter?) but it gives ya' an idea of what these tourist channels are all about.

Black Bear TV - Smoky Mountain Visitors Channel

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Probably because (at least most of the hotels I've been to) when you turn on the TV, it automatically tunes to that information/local travel channel.

n2rj

Staff member
Probably because (at least most of the hotels I've been to) when you turn on the TV, it automatically tunes to that information/local travel channel.
Yep, it's just like CNN claiming high ratings... mostly because they're in airports and other places (and you can't change the channel).