Active Channel Removal - DirecTV

I see you are removing the Active channel. Is it being replaced with anything similar? My wife and I feel that this is one of the best features that Directv offers. The info on Active is concise, helpful and informative. When I have pondered switching to a different provider, I have worried they may not offer a channel so helpful.

This question, "Active Channel Removal," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.

Y

ythwaits@yahoo.com

We have been a customer of directv since 1999. We can not believe they are ending the active channel. We check it no less than 6 or 7 times a day. Please give us a channel just as informative as the active one.

M

mochaman9

I saw this today and I was angry DirecTV explination is probably going to be "well not many people" DirecTV went to absolute crap when AT&T bought them im sad to see Active go but they will also see my money go as I am ready to switch to DISH I can't handle this anymore. First local channels begin to dissapear then my bill goes through the roof then my satellite begins to fail (I have had mine since February 2015) and they want me to pay $99.00 they are worse then U.S Cellular

G

why are you removing Directv Active Channel ? wish it Directv would not remove the channel Is it going to be replaced with another great chamnnel

S

SammySandwich

this is the only source I use for my weather, horoscope, and Directv cinema previews. this is another horrible decision from Directv. I am not impressed. I agree with mochaman9 on the AT&T front. absolute garbage B.S!

G

Bend over

Just another way for them to make more money and screw the customer - one station at a time!

G

Active channel

I use the active channel several times a day. Don't remove it - it a quick and easy way to check the local weather and receive any severe weather warnings.
Customer since November 1995.

G

Disappointment extended.

Very disappointed DIRECTV Active channel is being removed. I've been a customer since 2000 and have experienced a negative change in Service since att buy out. My hughesnet, att and directv Services are in a downward plunge. Companies seem to focus more on getting that contract or renewal agreement or don't care at all. I recently spoke to an ATT Service guy in a ATT van that agreed that they don't care...

G

Good luck getting an explanation as to why directv active channel is being removed. You won"t get one. Same B.S. different day. They are quick to remove channels and continue to increase your rates. Shame on them.

B

Buzz

Am also upset that they are removing the active channel. Seems I keep paying more and more for less and less. Thinking of changing to another provider.

G

Dropping the Active channel is no way to improve customer satisfaction. I'm very likely moving on, at this point cable offers very little for the price. I have done fine with antenna TV before.

J

Juice

Removing Direct TV Active stinks! You can't get instant access to weather information on the Weather Channel or Weather 361 without sitting there for an hour to get a glimpse at your local weather.

G

Directv customer since 1989 agree paying more for less. We utilize active channel daily and r very disappointed again with Directv.

G

Direct TV doesn't even provide an e-mail address for customer support to complain about this. I've been a customer for 10 years now, but will be quitting. My monthly bill is $110 with no premium channels. I'm also pissed about the sports fee we have to pay every month, even if you don't watch sports. That cost should be picked up by those that purchase sports premium channels.

S

swmr

Direct TV,
Do NOT remove the Active channel! It is bad enough that you charge everyone a monthly fee for Sports even though many people do not even watch it. So KEEP Active Chanel or lose customers!