advertisements says

attagirl

DTVUSA Member
The advertisements says that you may lose your signal, it does not says that you will lose you analog signal. Do you really think that this is going to happen, and why is the government giving refund coupons. I think it is another way for them to keep track of people and make money.

Taki

DTVUSA Member
No, they are going to open the analog areas up to other types of industry for various usages. Plus DTV opens up the avenue for more network stations in the future due to the ease of setting up another station and using an already established network to transmit the signal. I see the government in the future forcing the braodcasters to broadcast each others signals like the internet providers are required to allow others signals to travel along their lines, insuring a better reception for everyone involved.

Byte24

DTVUSA Member
The advertisements says that you may lose your signal, it does not says that you will lose you analog signal. Do you really think that this is going to happen, and why is the government giving refund coupons. I think it is another way for them to keep track of people and make money.
I don't know about tracking people with the coupons, but atleast they're subsidizing some of the costs on the converters.

The only signal you're going to lose is the analog signal that television stations are currently broadcasting. When they switch to digital in February 2009, you'll have to get a converter box or make sure your TV has a digital tuner. This is also the case for portable televisions and computers with analog tuners.

attagirl

DTVUSA Member
I agree with you on the fact that at least they are subsidizing the cost. But how many people have gotten their coupons. I never received mine and when I try to get another one they say I cannot as I have already received one.