after feb 17th...

toby

DTVUSA Member
will directv still charge me $9.99 a month for the HD channel package? i would think that fee should be dropped and the HD be part of the standard package customers pay for. anyone know what they plan on doing?

will directv still charge me $9.99 a month for the HD channel package? i would think that fee should be dropped and the HD be part of the standard package customers pay for. anyone know what they plan on doing?
you will still be charged because the networks charge them. the best way to get HD network broad casts for free is to receive them ota by antenna:)

husky

DTVUSA Rookie
check the back of all the new dtv receivers ,and the hd ones too ,,notice no antenna in hook-ups,,they do this to make it a pain in the butt to use a ota antenna ,,pushing a bunch of buttons to go to antenna ,for example the dct 210 you just hit channel up or down to go from sat. to hd to open air ,in other words they make it hard for the novice and elderly ,,just to get your 10 bucks a month for the hd,, because all your locals will be hd,,its pretty low from direct tv..if you think i am kidding call direct tv and try to get a receiver with an antena hook-up ,,and listen to their bs excuses..

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
This might sound stupid, but what is a ota antenna and how would you be able to get the channels for free through that?
OTA = Over-The-Air reception. OTA antennas can basically be anything from bunny ears to a large outdoor antenna. Your local TV stations (like ABC,NBC,CBS, FOX, PBS) broadcast signals OTA for free (with the exception of having to watch too many commercials to pay for these broadcasts).