All The Tech Gadgets You’re Going To Want In 2014

2014 is going to be a year of rapid change in the technology world as faster, better tech gadgets become available and become cheaper and cheaper as time passes. Among that crowd of technology, there are a few that stand out against all of the competition. Keep an eye on these if you want a strong desire to spend money.

Oculus Rift
View attachment 2932

A lot of people expected virtual reality gaming systems to be available a long time ago, but the technology is just now really catching up. The Oculus Rift is already available as a developer, but it will be available to the masses in 2014. It isn’t perfect, but if you want a 360 degree view of your video games this is the best option that you could hope for right now. To make it more appealing, it has had incredible support from the video game developers that matter.

Steam Machine
View attachment 2931

Any fan of PC gaming is familiar with the Steam system. Steam offers almost all of the major PC games, a wide array of indie games, and an ever improving backbone. The Steam Machine brings all of that to your television and brings a console like feel to all of your favorite Steam games. The touch based controller is also amazing and might seem strange at first, but it quickly becomes a favorite for people who have tested the early versions of it. The added benefit of a comparably low price point, when put against gaming PCs, makes it even more appealing and can help convert long term console gamers to the world of PC gaming.

Google Glass
View attachment 2930

There are a lot of concerns about Google Glass when it comes to privacy, but they are still incredibly cool. This wearable computer offers a lot of options for taking pictures and browsing your email, among a lot of other things, at a hefty price tag. This cyborg eye like device might be out of reach for most people, but that doesn’t mean you can’t want it.

4K Televisions
View attachment 2933

I’ve talked a lot about 4K televisions, but that is because they represent the new trend in video technology. That is especially true since most people use some kind of streaming technology, which is where 4K is going to be coming first. The prices are going to drop dramatically during the next year, though, making them more appealing and much more likely to become popular. It is already possible to have 4K video streams on your iPads, smart phones, and other tablets and devices, but the switch to using televisions that are capable of is just now beginning to happen.

The Year In Tech
This is very exciting. Gaming changes are happening fast, televisions are rapidly improving, phones are getting smaller, computers are becoming wearable. All of this can have a huge impact on our lives, but if you are obsessed with technology, these might be things that change your life before everyone else if you stay tuned for all of the current releases.

James

DTVUSA Member
I have been hearing about Oculus Rift for some time. That is interesting to me. I've read some gamers saying Steam was not a big deal since other consoles do more...but you how the gamers can whine.