Alyson Hannigan Obtains Restraining Order Against Threatening Man

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Performers are used to playing peril onscreen, but for Alyson Hannigan who stars in How I Met Your Mother, the peril is off the screen and very real. This week, the actress was granted a restraining order against John Hobbs, a man who has been threatening her online for years. The order requires the 43-year-old Hobbs to stay at least 100 yards away from Hannigan.

Hobbs' messages, posted on Facebook, are indeed quite scary and has Hannigan not just fearing for her own life, but those of her husband and their two children, Satyana and Keeva. The actress is wed to Alexis Denisof, an actor she met while both were on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He was also on Angel and now stars with his wife on How I Met Your Mother. He plays Sandy Rivers while Hannigan stars as Lily Aldrin.

Hobbs, who has until recently been in a mental hospital and who since 2000 has had a pistol permit, posted a threat on Facebook that read:

View attachment 2204 "In 2013 I still can marry you tomorrow. I can kill you tomorrow too. Cause I simply like and love you as you live life. Aly... It doesn't end. Even after death."

He wrote in a separate post that he would be headed for California. He warned Denisof in that message that he'd better keep a close eye on his wife.

The judge who issued the order also mandated that the man cannot write anything about the family anywhere online.