Anne of Green Gables

ausqtie

DTVUSA Jr. Member
:confused:Whatever happened to Anne of Green Gables? That show had tons of wholesome morals and I truly enjoyed the storyline. Can anyone tell me if the show is still on and if not, why?

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Are you talking about the Disney show that ran for years? It was called Avonlea. More or less, it ran its course. Everyone grew up and got married.

chris1203

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Wow. I totally forgot about Anne of Green Gables. I loved that show too. But I don't know what became of it. I'd like to go to the video store and see if I can rent it sometime.

Ricardo

DTVUSA Member
I'm not clear on the various versions, but I've seen DVDs in the store fairly recently. I think they made at least one TV movie to follow up the story. I think the story originates from the Maritimes in Canada, and it's very popular in Japan where trips are chartered to see the plays.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Actually, there are multiple versions of it. The most famous in today's era is the Megan Fellows version which was a mini-series. A followup mini-series followed it. That led to the Disney TV series that lasted for several years. It referenced Anne but she was married and away from Avonlea (which was the name of the series). Like the mini-series, the series had a nice happy ending that wrapped things up nicely.

Katharina

DTVUSA Jr. Member
:confused:Whatever happened to Anne of Green Gables? That show had tons of wholesome morals and I truly enjoyed the storyline. Can anyone tell me if the show is still on and if not, why?
I haven't seen it yet, but I'll bet some of these versions are available *somewhere* on the net. It is certainly a wholesome book/movie/movie, absolutely.