Another Reason to Not Let The Cable Guy Near Your Business

dkreichen1968

Moderator
Staff member
#1
Utility says Time Warner contractor ruptured 2-inch main. Body may be restaurant server's.

The explosion and fire that destroyed a popular Kansas City, Mo., restaurant Tuesday evening resulted from a cable TV work crew puncturing a 2-inch natural gas main, officials said Wednesday.

Fumes escaped for more than an hour as Missouri Gas Energy workers tried to stop the leak, which was reported to the fire department at 4:54 p.m. The blast occurred at 6:04 p.m., shortly after firefighters recommended that J.J.'s Restaurant be evacuated.

Earlier Wednesday, search crews found a body in the bar area of the blackened rubble, Kansas City Mayor Sly James said. The blast injured 15 other people. Six remained hospitalized late Wednesday, three of them with critical injuries.
Read More: Cable TV work caused K.C. gas leak; body found in rubble

This is a very sad story with very real victims. How do you accidently rupture a 2-inch gas main? They must have drilled or cut through it, or possibly hit it with a back hoe or something. Call before you dig people!!!
 
Top