Antenna for Samsung HDTV?

U

Unregistered

What antennas are good for a Samsung Smart HDTV for getting over-the-air signals?

I live in Sacramento, pretty close to antenna towers. Like 4 miles away.

Post your TVFool plot for advice. If you live "in" Sacramento, you're 20 miles from the towers which are in Walnut Grove.

The TV set make and model is mostly irrelevant to the antenna selection as long as it has a good digital tuner. Specify where you intend to install the antenna.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
Ok, just out of curiosity, if its a HDTV why are you using an antenna? mean I thought antenna's were only used for the older box TV's or did I just miss something completely?

Ok, just out of curiosity, if its a HDTV why are you using an antenna? mean I thought antenna's were only used for the older box TV's or did I just miss something completely?
You missed the bus, the train, and the airplane.... everything.

All television sets include digital tuners for local digital reception with an antenna. It's HDTV for free..

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
You missed the bus, the train, and the airplane.... everything.

All television sets include digital tuners for local digital reception with an antenna. It's HDTV for free..
Oh ya that does not surprise me that I missed "everything" LOL Considering that I can barely remember the whole with the tv set up thing and if you needed something to add to your tv just to be able to watch it.... or was that a converter box???? Wow, I feel like a ditsy person right now.... I blame it on pregnancy brain!!!! LOL :p

Oh ya that does not surprise me that I missed "everything" LOL Considering that I can barely remember the whole with the tv set up thing and if you needed something to add to your tv just to be able to watch it.... or was that a converter box???? Wow, I feel like a ditsy person right now.... I blame it on pregnancy brain!!!! LOL :p
Amie, that was actually one of Project's gentler posts. :becky: You get more HDTV with an OTA antenna than you do on cable! Those converter boxes were needed for the analog TVs manufactured before the digital transition in 2009. Digital TV + antenna = HDTV (yay)!

Rick