Question: Antenna Help

tjmcgolf

DTVUSA Rookie
I had two antenna installs in the last week where I used both your EZ-HD antenna and the channel master cm 2016 antennas and I could not get channels 4 and 5 together. Even though the towers are 5 -6 miles away. I would position the antennas and get 5 but not 4. Then I would position it and get 4 but not 5. The address is St Paul Mn. 55108. I had the same problem at, Fridley Mn 55421 last week. Am I getting some type of channel crossover? Am I too close to towers? Do I need another antenna like a mulit-directional? There are some trees but nothing more or less than normal installation. Help I am losing business

Last edited by a moderator:

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I had two antenna installs in the last week where I used both your EZ-HD antenna and the channel master cm 2016 antennas and I could not get channels 4 and 5 together. Even though the towers are 5 -6 miles away. I would position the antennas and get 5 but not 4. Then I would position it and get 4 but not 5. The address is St Paul Mn. 55108. I had the same problem at, Fridley Mn 55421 last week. Am I getting some type of channel crossover? Am I too close to towers? Do I need another antenna like a mulit-directional? There are some trees but nothing more or less than normal installation. Help I am losing business
I edited your post to remove addresses: never a good idea to leave addresses on a public forum.

If you could go to TVfool - TV Fool and enter data for both addresses, and post the links generated here (bold print at the top of the result page) we can analyze the situation and give you some suggestions.

SWHouston

Staff member
We'll need to know the exact location of the towers, compared to the reception location. It's possible that the Beamwidth of the Antenna is not wide enough to catch both towers. the TVFool report should tell us that.