Antenna Jack Won't Fit Converter Box: Do I need a Cable Converter?

Hi, I tried to hook up a friend's DTV Converter Box yesterday. It looked like the pin in the Rabbit Ears antenna jack was too big to fit into the "Antenna In" jack on the back of the DTV converter.

Do I need a Converter Jack (adaptor) to convert the screw-in Rabbit Ears antenna jack to a push-in? (Do they make such an adaptor?)

Last edited:
Hi, I tried to hook up a friend's DTV Converter Box yesterday. It looked like the pin in the antenna jack was too big to fit into the "Antenna In" jack on the back of the DTV converter.

Do I need a Converter Jack (adaptor) to convert the screw-in antenna jack to a push-in? (Do they make such an adaptor?)
you are the second person to have this problem I have not had this with standard rg6 and rg6q coax what type of box is it if it is the same as the other person we nee to stat this problem under the box listing on the site.:)

It's the RCA DTV 800A.

I should add: the push-in cable jack that came with the DTV box fits but the screw-in jack on the Rabbit Ears antenna doesn't because it looks like the pin in the Rabbit Ears antenna jack is thicker.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Nice HT,

Triple 6, If your friend has the twin screw rabbit ears type antenna, was there a coupler or some type of connection to convert the twin screws to coax that came with the converter box?

The Rabbit Ears antenna has a screw-in jack on the end.

When I try and attach it to the converter box, the pin doesn't go into the hole. The pin on the antenna jack looks a little thicker than the hole in the converter.

I tried a push-in/coaxal cable and it worked.

So I need a screw-in to push-in adapter.

Do they make such a beast?

I'm amazed no one else has had this problem!

I'm thinking of buying her a new TV for x-mas! :)

Thx!

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
The Rabbit Ears antenna has a screw-in jack on the end.

When I try and attach it to the converter box, the pin doesn't go into the hole. The pin on the antenna jack looks a little thicker than the hole in the converter.

I tried a push-in/coaxal cable and it worked.

So I need a screw-in to push-in adapter.

Do they make such a beast?

I'm amazed no one else has had this problem!

I'm thinking of buying her a new TV for x-mas! :)

Thx!
That would be a nice present. ;) There are tons of deals out there now too, so now is the time to do it.

I'll see what I can find on your connection issues in the mean time.

put a coupler between the rabbit ears and a regular piece of rg6 coax and it will solve the problem coupler can be found at lowes or radio shack for less than a dollar.:)

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member

Here it is: Gold Series Screw-On to Push-On "F" Connector Adapter

I hooked it up but her fav "Christian" channel (DayStar) does not show up so we changed it back to without the DTV-converter.

Wonder why DayStar doesn't show up? I don't think it's a reception problem.
Glad to hear you found the part and thanks for sharing! I found the DayStar homepage and sent an email to their "contact us" link, asking when they're planning to convert to DTV. I'll post an update here when I receive an response.

Here it is: Gold Series Screw-On to Push-On "F" Connector Adapter

I hooked it up but her fav "Christian" channel (DayStar) does not show up so we changed it back to without the DTV-converter.

Wonder why DayStar doesn't show up? I don't think it's a reception problem.
they may not be broadcasting in digital yet or thay may be going to stay low power analog does the box have analog pass through if so you will not need to unhook the box just press the button on the remote to switch to analog. they may however go digital before FEB. we have a station called TCT here but do not have Daystar over the air.:)

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Got a prompt response back from Daystar...

Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:45:07 -0600
To: <--------@dtvusaforum.com>
Subject: Daystar Television Network

.....Our station is a low power station and is not mandated by the FCC to be digital by February of 09. I know it is in the works to make it a digital station in the future. As of today I do not have a timetable for when that will happen. If I can answer any other questions please call me at my toll free number (Edited). Thanks for your inquiry.

Engineering Services
Daystar Television