Antenna Question

cycler

DTVUSA Member
I've got a Samsung TXT2082 Digital TV and the Terk HDTVA Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna (no model number) UHF and VHF. It is the highest priced that they sold where I bought the TV (B&H Photo in NY) and they always know about what they are selling.

It seems to work well but I need to constantly move it when I change channels and I'm not getting the public TV channels on analog or DTV (I spoke to them and they won't be switching to DTV until the last day) and I'm still not getting NBC and now ABC ov DTV.

I'm unable to use an outdoor antenna because I am in an apartment.

Is it just where I am located or is there a stronger antenna that will work better?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
I've got a Samsung TXT2082 Digital TV and the Terk HDTVA Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna (no model number) UHF and VHF. It is the highest priced that they sold where I bought the TV (B&H Photo in NY) and they always know about what they are selling.

It seems to work well but I need to constantly move it when I change channels and I'm not getting the public TV channels on analog or DTV (I spoke to them and they won't be switching to DTV until the last day) and I'm still not getting NBC and now ABC ov DTV.

I'm unable to use an outdoor antenna because I am in an apartment.

Is it just where I am located or is there a stronger antenna that will work better?

Thanks!
Just a quick suggestion, have you tried placing the antenna vertical (standing on it's back so it points upward)? Reading the specs and some reviews on that particular model, they recommend a vertical or horizontal "mounting" to adequately receive dtv channels.

I had this same problem with my old antenna setup with the lower end VHF stations here in Phoenix, AZ and switched to the DB2, but the Terk antenna you have is built for VHF and UHF.

ps I get B&H catalogs all of the time and purchase from them quite often, great store. Huge selection!

concerned

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I bought a 14.00 antenna and it works better than the greater priced one. It works great for my tv. What I use is a flat digital antenna made by rca corp. It supports both digital and analog signals(uhf and vhf). Even enhanced. I got this at Kmart. Good buy for your money. I have mine on the wall.

I bought myself an Philips SDV2210 VHF/UHF/FM/HDTV indoor antenna and it works pretty good. Costed me $9.87 at walmart.

After fiddling with it, I have it sitting on a 23 inch shelf I made, and I am still only able to get 1 channel. 4.1 - WBZ-DT

cycler

DTVUSA Member
Just a quick suggestion, have you tried placing the antenna vertical (standing on it's back so it points upward)? Reading the specs and some reviews on that particular model, they recommend a vertical or horizontal "mounting" to adequately receive dtv channels.

I had this same problem with my old antenna setup with the lower end VHF stations here in Phoenix, AZ and switched to the DB2, but the Terk antenna you have is built for VHF and UHF.

ps I get B&H catalogs all of the time and purchase from them quite often, great store. Huge selection!
Finally I've got the antenna where it receives almost all of the available stations by lowering the ears oddly enough! It's sitting on the floor and I did check the manual and I put in the directional piece vertically so it points down to the floor I'm almost scared to move it now! This is not a well thought out piece of equipment - there is a place in the bottom for the cord to fit in but it never does so the bottom does not stay flat. It's always toppling over. It's also weird that it works well that way because I'm on the 2nd floor of a huge building in NYC. I am still waiting to see what happens when the PBS channels change to digital.

You ought to see the B&H store if you're ever in NY - it's huge - their original smaller store was close to where I live but it was only photography back then so I never shopped there. Now I look there first for anything that I need. It's still close enough that I was able to bring my new TV home on a cart attached to the back of my bicycle!

Susan

Last edited:
What is the frequence numbers ?

How do I figure how to measure the cable of 22ga. 3oo ohem to the signal to make home made antenna? Mind you this is for UFH. signals . Do I need a amp. or Rf adpter also in line. yes I would try making this as old time before ant. were made. I would use 3oo to 75 ohem transiformer to go to the box imput. Need more of the spectifiction vales.

How do I figure how to measure the cable of 22ga. 3oo ohem to the signal to make home made antenna? Mind you this is for UFH. signals . Do I need a amp. or Rf adpter also in line. yes I would try making this as old time before ant. were made. I would use 3oo to 75 ohem transiformer to go to the box imput. Need more of the spectifiction vales.
the best way to do this is like this but if you use 14 gauge copper wire it works better than coat hangers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQhlmJTMzw:)