Antenna suggestions for me?

StumpZ

DTVUSA Rookie
Hi Everyone,

I'm considering pulling the plug on cable. We have an Xbox360 with Netflix and I think I can watch MNF on WatchESPN. Here is my TVFool analysis: TV Fool

Any antenna suggestions? I live high up on a hill with no restrictions on mounting an outdoor antenna. We do have very high winds so I was considering mounting the antenna on an outside barn that is around 30 ft away from my house.

Thanks,
Jim

dkreichen1968

Staff member
You have a fair number of antenna choices available for you if pointed north. RCA ANT751R, Antennas Direct C2-V, a Winegard HD7694P. The Antennas Direct C2-V may be your best bet for picking up channels from both the north and the west (i.e. Ion).

I concur on the C2-V, and will add that it should be possible to snag MyNetwork on WNYO if you point at 333 magnetic. (I nudged it a couple degrees off exact center, cause WROC CBS is a refracted station.) Experimenting with the direction could yield even better results. I wouldn't aim for anything south of 281 magnetic, since those affiliates are covered by stronger stations higher on the list. But if anything down south comes in, don't fight it. Accept any bonus graciously. :thumb:

Rick

You have a fair number of antenna choices available for you if pointed north. RCA ANT751R, Antennas Direct C2-V, a Winegard HD7694P. The Antennas Direct C2-V may be your best bet for picking up channels from both the north and the west (i.e. Ion).
I would have to agree with dkreichen. This might be your best bet. Good luck!