Antenna TV markets announced

chum1976

DTVUSA Jr. Member
The list below was compiled by: Antenna TV Affiliates - AntennaTV

Antenna TV markets already cleared. More to come.

New York WPIX
Los Angeles KTLA
Chicago WGN
Philadelphia WHPL
Dallas-Ft. Worth KDAF
Washington, DC (Hagrstwn) WDCW
Houston KIAH
Seattle-Tacoma KZJO
Miami-Ft. Lauderdale WSFL
Denver KWGN
Cleveland-Akron (Canton) WJW
Sacramnto-Stkton-Modesto KTXL
St. Louis KTVI
Portland, OR KRCW
Indianapolis WTTV
San Diego KSWB
Hartford & New Haven WTIC
Kansas City WDAF
Salt Lake City KSTU
Milwaukee WITI
Harrisburg-Lncstr-Leb-York WPMT
Grand Rapids-Kalmzoo-B.Crk WMXI
Norfolk-Portsmth-Newpt Nws WTKR
Oklahoma City KFOR
Greensboro-H.Point-W.Salem WGHP
Memphis WREG
New Orleans WGNO
Wilkes Barre-Scranton WNEP
Richmond-Petersburg WTVR
Des Moines-Ames WHO
Huntsville-Decatur (Flor) WHNT
Davenport-R.Island-Moline WQAD

Naturally the Johnstown/Altoona market isnt listed :yell:

Last edited:

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Chum,

What does "Antenna TV markets already cleared" refer to? I checked the above listing for my area Seattle, and KZIO TV does not exist in the REC Networks database.

The FCC database returns this among others: ... KZIO(FM), Two Harbors, Minnesota ). ... We find that KAC's acquisition of KZIO(FM) and WWAX(FM) complies with the local radio ownership rule's numerical limits. ...

Jim :huh:

chum1976

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Jim,

They must have made a mistake. The channel is KZJO. Sorry about that.

22-1 25.3 720p DD5.1 KMYQ MyN "My Q²"
22-2 25.4 720p DD5.1 Q13 FOX FOX "Q13" (KCPQ)
22-3 25.5 480i DD2.0 Antenna TV (Soon)
"from rabbitears"

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Chum,

Glad we caught that and obviously it wasn't your fault. "JOe" TV used to be "My Q" (KMYQ) and learning they are adding another sub-channel is terrific news for me, assuming its not going to be a foreign language channel. Thanks for the update! :thumb:

Jim :dance:

PS I just came back and saw you edited your post to correct their error. KUDOS! (You beat me to it)

Last edited:

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Yea, their site is, well, basic. and on the ABOUT page, this error:

OracleJSP: oracle.jsp.parse.JspParseException: /templates/content/story/related-items/default.jsp: Line # 40, <taxonomy:topics slug="<%=contentSlug%>" topicGroup="<%=topicGroups%>">
Error: Attribute: topicGroup is not a valid attribute name

But, who cares? FINALLY, I get a DECENT new sub... channel 13, fox, Salt lake. They've been simulcasting on their sub in SD since day one, and I have pestered them with Emails to do something about it. Why waste that bandwidth?

Shows look good, I will enjoy at least 7 of the 11 shown. Wonder what kind of movies we'll be looking at? Maybe this will partially make up for THIStv going part-time on channel 2.2 (now its "MY Utah TV" MYnetwork, with THIS only on weekends and mid - day)

I hope this network works out, as Tribune broadcasting is "in restructuring". Hate to see them fold before the network hits the air!

Last edited:

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Yea, their site is, well, basic. and on the ABOUT page, this error:

OracleJSP: oracle.jsp.parse.JspParseException: /templates/content/story/related-items/default.jsp: Line # 40, <taxonomy:topics slug="<%=contentSlug%>" topicGroup="<%=topicGroups%>">
Error: Attribute: topicGroup is not a valid attribute name

But, who cares? FINALLY, I get a DECENT new sub... channel 13, fox, Salt lake. They've been simulcasting on their sub in SD since day one, and I have pestered them with Emails to do something about it. Why waste that bandwidth?
Don't listen to me anyway, I'm just jealous because they're not coming to the Phoenix market anytime soon. ;)

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Well, unless they are lying, overnight is marked as movie spots. You may be right that they get filled with infomercials since those tend to be a good way for stations to make money off of low watched periods, but they are scheduled as "movie time" at the moment.

The schedule reminds me of KWGN back before the WB. Just throw in some original Star Trek. When I was at Chadron State College, that's what I'd watch to fill the time.

MrPogi

Staff member
I guess I should have looked more closely at that schedule. It does show movies overnight. I can't wait, since I don't get RTV here, and THIStv is on a channel that now shows "MY network" programming most of the time. (Their EPG and TVGOS still show the THIStv schedule. Depressing!)

A whole lot of TV history on that schedule. I'm waiting for January 1!

dkreichen1968

Staff member
THIStv is on a channel that now shows "MY network" programming most of the time. (Their EPG and TVGOS still show the THIStv schedule. Depressing!)
Last I knew MyNetworkTV only programmed two hours during primetime. How much of THIStv did they prempt? Must be a new development for the EPG not to have changed. I do recommend "Burn Notice" and "Monk".

MrPogi

Staff member
MyNetworkTV has tons of syndicated programming.

ThisTV runs weekday mornings, and weekends - sometimes, when it isn't pre-empted by REAL salt lake soccer.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
MyNetworkTV has tons of syndicated programming.
Those programming choices are made by the local station. I have two MynetworkTV channels and they run totally different programming except for primetime. I do think that Mynetwork provides one weekend movie that the affiliate can run whenever they want.