Antenna TV on Comcast

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I was pleasantly surprised to find Comcast had added AntennaTV as of this morning. I get it OTA but frankly, it's a bit of a pain to switch over to OTA so this is going to be easier. I was so hoping they'd add it.

dave73

DTVUSA Member
Most Comcast systems offer local subchannels. My local Comcast only offers the local subchannels from Chicago's WCIU (MeTV, MeToo, This, & U Too, which replaced FBT). All other local subchanels aren't available, due to capacity issues that existed back when they were TCI. Local subchannels & local HD channels will only be available in the digital tier channels. Wish we could say the same thing about Dish Network & DirecTV, who both are against adding local subchannels (whether programmed to broadcast nationally, or locally).

Orrymain

My Comcast is slow to add anything that isn't HD. I have a real issue with that so I just never assume what they will or won't do. That is why this was a nice surprise.

Orrymain

Yeah, but it's too much. They are overdoing the Stooges and Benny. I really love their weekends. My favorite show is on Sunday but it's too early and I'm missing it some weeks. I'd like to see more of my classic 60's at night, too. If I'm not up early, they are on to the 70's stuff that isn't quite so much my style.