Antenna won't fit converter

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I'm sorry if I don't quite understand how the antenna won't plug into your converter. The converter and antenna both should have an "F" type connector, and the connector from the rabbit ears should screw onto the connector on your converter. Unless you have older rabbit ears with 2-lead 300 ohm flat cable coming out of the rabbit ears. In that case, you would need a matching transformer:

Attach your antenna to the screws and plug into your converter - they're pretty cheap, a few dollars, and you can find them at Walmart, Kmart, or most hardware stores.
The only other thing I can think of is that the connector on your rabbit ears is damaged and won't fit.

You'll want to make sure your rabbit ears have a "LOOP" as well as the 2 long "EARS", or you won't get any of your UHF channels - Most TV stations broadcast in the UHF now.

Last edited:

SWHouston

Staff member
Fatigue, welcome to the Forum :welcome:

I know things like this are hard to verbalize...
can you take a picture(s) of it, and post it here for us ?

Have a good Day ! :)
S.W.

Suzanne

DTVUSA Rookie
I don't have a digital camera but that's okay. I found out I need some special jack or something. Someone else had that happen to them too and that's how I found out what to do.

SWHouston

Staff member
Fatigue,

GREAT !, glad you've worked the problem out, but...
we'd sure like to know just what kind of special jack it is.
Please post back and tell us.

Have a good Day ! :)
S.W.