Antennae recommendations

themykel

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I did some reading and believe that I need roof antennae (replacing my DirecTV dish - I cut the cord!!!) but looking for good solutions that I can mount in that location. Ideally I would like to be under $100 and the ability to control 4 TV's (I have a splitter within my house already setup....)

TV Fool

Last edited:

dkreichen1968

Staff member
The majority of the stations are strong and to the north of you (327 degree compass heading), and the HBU22 should work well. If your dish mount gives you a view to the north you should be golden.

themykel

DTVUSA Jr. Member
The majority of the stations are strong and to the north of you (327 degree compass heading), and the HBU22 should work well. If your dish mount gives you a view to the north you should be golden.
Do you think I could get away with going to 25 feet and put it into the attic? Or just better to use the mounting from the DirecTV dish that was there

There are potential problems with using an existing direct tv installation for an ota antenna. The first is location, and fit. The second is sorting out the coax routing, and replacing direct tv multiswitches that look like splitters with splitters built for ota use. Always start with a single coax run to one tv replacing splitters with barrel connectors. When it works go back and add needed splitters. Trouble shoot as you go. With the predicted signal levels and a bit of research and planning it should all work well for you.
Steve