Anthony Bourdain

Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations is one of my favorite tv shows. You can find him on the Travel Channel. He goes to different countries around the world to experience their culture and food. The thing I like about him is that he is always respectful of other culture's foods even if he doesn't like it.

Froix

DTVUSA Member
I've seen this guy in Travel & Living and a bunch of other shows. The guy must have a cast iron stomach! I've seen him eat Seal and a Cobra's heart raw, Not to mention Fugu.

Yeah, he's had some interesting things. I saw him eat something called durian fruit one time. He said had a texture like custard with a little onion-like aftertaste. I decided to try it one time and he was right. I'll never have it again. :)

djs

DTVUSA Member
I think his show is great. You not only learn about the different types of food , but also alot about the culture of the places he visits. He is also a great host who can interject his personality into the show.The only thing is, if I ate and drank like him, I'd weigh 300 lbs.

I've always wondered how he kept the weight off. Did anyone see that episode where he was riding up some sand dunes somewhere and the lost control of his ATV and it actually rolled over him twice. Scary.

djs

DTVUSA Member
I still can't get over how much he eats and drinks yet stays skinny as a rail. Maybe it just appears he eats alot because they usually try 4 or 5 things at every place they go to. Overall the show is very entertaining as it just isn't about the food, as he brings a sense of adventure in everywhere he goes.