Anti-Comcast Blog

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
My problem is that this kind of thing happens all the time, in all kind of businesses. I am not prepared to say Comcast is bad seed here, not for this. I'd need to know more about how they contract out. I will say that they have stopped contracting out here, and that's been in effect for a couple of years now. They used to contract out a lot, but customers didn't like it, and they stopped. To my knowledge, they haven't backtracked on that.

n2rj

Staff member
I would not necessarily blame Comcast for this, but I find it disturbing that companies would send people to your home who would do such criminal behavior. One would think that they at least investigate people who you are sending to customers homes.

It's kind of funny, some of these guys have done some really stupid things, like a Comcast employee who was found sleeping on the job... at a customer's house! A few cable, telco and satellite installers have burned down people's houses, drilled into gas lines, electrical wiring etc. I really don't trust these guys anymore. I do my own wiring and they hook it up outside.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Who wants to read rants like that? The first story about a Comcast subcontractor raping a homeowner is an issue completely separate of Comcast as a company. If I'm going to that site because I want to know why I should cutthecable, I'm not impressed. Just too bitter for me.

L

leahy6@gmail.com

angry at comcast

i have tried and i give up, tv does not work, 45 minutes on the phone, tv does not work. They are realy nice to come to the house with a garantee betwen 1-3 with a 30 minute notice, but i am not going be home. The service, folks on the phone, really nice, but the product, is not that good. TIme to find an alternative!

Do not continue to pay!!!!

Orrymain

I don't understand the technician service issue. They can easily make another appointment to fit a person's schedule. A simple phone call gets them there when it's convenient.

G

Bad customer service

Somehow, Comcast kept asking for a month's fees with penalty and interest, claiming that my check was denied by bank. I went to customer service and the first girl said, she wants to see all my bank accounts. Second trip, the girl said, she cannot do anything about it. Third one said, I wrote the checks and I should pay for even after I showed her the cancelled checks. Finally, I asked to the manager and as she tried to erase, more charges came in. Seemed like there is no connection between the place sent out the charges and customer service. After 8 visits, finally my account owed was zero. Those girls should not even be paid or hired with that kind of customer service!

n2rj

Staff member
I hear you. I don't know what's wrong with customer service these days (at any company).

One time I made a phone payment for 43 dollars at my cable company and they took FOUR HUNDRED AND THIRTY. Asked for a refund, they just gave me a credit back towards my bills. I didn't feel like fighting it but I was pretty pissed.

Orrymain

You are so right. There is just a lot of bad service out there from all kinds of companies. That said, sometimes the higher up you take it, you end up getting very good service. BTW -- sometimes it is not the fault of the person who answers the phone, it is the fault of the system they are in. Empowerment is a very important word here.

G

I hate comcast

Comcast is the worst company I have ever delt with. Superviser "Larry" employee number 34533 is the most unprofessional and unintelligent person I have ever had the pleasure to speak with for a total of an hour and a half. I have never written in a blog before, but Comcast is such a disgrace that they inspired me to do so. I HATE COMCAST!!!!

S

Sickofcomcast

none

I have had problems w/ Comcast for almost 4yrs. They fix 1 problem & another shows up. Thier tech support doesn't even know the difference between http and https. They are not qualified to be tech reps or even csrs for that matter. They have made promises that are never kept, agree to rates then go back on what they agreed, and made service appointments that are never kept (but I was charged anyway). If every customer they have would with hold 1 months payment maybe they would wake up and smell what they are shoveling.

G

comcast customer service

A year ago my father passed away,Comcast charged him an "early termination fee". Wow!!!
Today their server will not allow their mobile app on my phone to connect to their server. Can't get it resolved.

Unbelievable.