Any Crackle users?

James

DTVUSA Member
My Xbox has an app for Crackle. I downloaded it thinking I may be able to test it out. Noooope. Subscription only. Same with Hulu...only HuluPlus. I went to the Crackle site but I did not really figure out how to watch the FREE movies. Is it free or do I have to have an account?

Jim1348

DTVUSA Member
Any Crackle Users?

I think Crackle is completely free and I don't think you need to sign up, but it has been ages since I have used it. If you are so inclined, I would encourage you to try both Hulu and Netflix for free. Yes, you do need to sign up to do the free test, but you could get a prepaid MasterCard or Visa and then only have a $1 on it, for example. There are some other ones to check out, too. Look back for old posts here and you should find a nice list.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
You need to have an account to watch "mature" content, which is a lot of what is on Crackle (lots of sex jokes and violence). But, all of it is free.

Edit: I should also note that you have to have a Xbox Live Gold account to use the streaming apps. That is an Xbox thing, not a Crackle thing. You can get around it by running Playon on your computer and streaming through your Xbox.

Last edited:

RockU

DTVUSA Member
My Xbox has an app for Crackle. I downloaded it thinking I may be able to test it out. Noooope. Subscription only. Same with Hulu...only HuluPlus. I went to the Crackle site but I did not really figure out how to watch the FREE movies. Is it free or do I have to have an account?
The Crackle video service is free to watch. You need to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player installed and that your JavaScript and cookies are enabled. It will work with Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer.

Crackle is the bomb I was stranded out in the middle of no where.. well, Florida in a swamp lol but we were in a canoe like boat anyway.. I literally loaded crackle and even though I had hardly service maybe 1or2 bar..its pretty legit...great to watch movies and shows on your phone..

It is a free service but requires a subscription for any worthy content. Most of this you can see on other streaming websites, but the mature content is unique. It's worth a free months trial at very least

RockU

DTVUSA Member
It is suppose to be free. I have no trouble watching it on my devices either. What pops up on your Xbox screen, when you try to watch their shows?

When I had one of the 3G Android phones from T-Mobile earlier in the year, sometime in 2013. I don't remember having to create an account, but it's been so long so who knows. But as far as the quality of the movies, I think the movies are exceptional. It may not be Netflix or Hulu in quality, but it does make the consumer satisfied. The only thing with crackle and other networks of that category is that, you want make sure your internet access or Wi-Fi is good. The bad thing about T-Mobile is that the cellphone towers for this company have to be wacky because not everywhere has good service. But it's an okay company ,plus I'm on my older brothers plan and I'm lucky to have an older brother who cares about me enough to volunteer to pay my phone bill. Anyhow, I'm kind of getting off topic. There was this movie with Frost Whitaker featured in it. I can't remember the name if my life depends on it. I believe it was one of those Sci-Fi genres. The ones that have a lot of Alien action involved. Like, I've said on there website before. I love Alien movies, it's something about them that keeps me fascinated. Maybe it's some what of the thrill of knowing an Alien or group of Aliens are after them. They have to do their best to fight the Aliens while playing the survival of the fittest. Every man for themselves in the end. Then the best man or men or woman or women are the last ones standing I love challenges, an challenge seeker.