Any hope for me?

ksnetv

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Hello all! After lurking here over a year I finally decided to register and come out of the shadows.

I live in northwest Kansas. While the terrain here is fairly flat I'm just not real close to any transmitters. However I still plan to put up an outdoor antenna just for the sake of enjoying any free TV I might get. I have on hand (and already paid for) a Winegard 8200U antenna, a Channel Master 7777 preamp, and a Channel Master 9521A rotator. For the cable I will most likely buy the length I need from Denny's Antenna Service.

I figure it should be interesting to put everything together and see what happens. Any suggestions or pointers? I realize most channels I will only see occasionally (via tropo and other conditions) but I'm hoping to at least get channels 12 and 26 continually.

Here's my TV Fool.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
:welcome: ksnetv!

Your TVFOOL report is certainly not promising at 25 feet about ground level. I suggest you rerun it at 35' (a ten foot mast above a 2-story house) or even higher. There are telescopic masts available up to 50' assuming you are willing to establish serious guy wires: that might make 65' above ground level possible.

Jim