Any wrestling fans?

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I'm a grown dude, but I love to still watch wrestling every once in a while. The new stuff just isn't like he ole days, I've been a big fan ever since the 80's (The Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, and Macho Man Randy Savage).

Mei

DTVUSA Member
i was also a big fan of hulk hogan. i do enjoy watching wrestling. and my favorite wrestlers are stone cold steve austin, john cena and triple h.

jack

DTVUSA Member
ya i like it alot.before i like undertaker,after that brocklesner.but many said that he died.that big show idiot has killed him.don't know how.

dbcooper

DTVUSA Member
Haystack Calhoun
Wahoo McDaniel
Blackjack Mulligan
Superfkly Snuka!
Ricky Steamboat!

old school wrasslin was awesome when iwas a kid. Saturday mornings were the greatest.

I haven't watched wrestling in years though.

Sited

DTVUSA Jr. Member
When I read your first line, you remind me of chi-city that always says "I'm a grown ass man.. but _____" yeah.. let me get back on topic lmao

So yaeh, I used to be a wrestling fan maybe when I was about 12 years old, I used to watch WWE Raw/smackdown all day long man.. I mean night long.

My favourite wrestlers were Kane and the undertaker.. they were the most scary looking and mysterious ones, they still seem to be there.

Dish

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Yeah I used to be a wrestling fan, but ever since Eddie G. (can't spell his last name, I fail lol) died while brushing his teeth or something, I've been horrified of the thought of wrestling.. a stupid reason, but yeah, that's what happened lol.

GunnedDown

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I'm a grown ass man, but I still watch wrestling man.. it's like the best thing that's ever happened to planet Earth! Even though everyone knows it's fake, there's some real aspects to it to, and their entertainment is quite awesome.

Aiyaaaa

DTVUSA Jr. Member
It's okay, there's some adults out there that still watch wrestling, and I guess you happen to be one of those rare people.. lol. It's fine, don't worry.

I watch wrestling during my free time as well, not really a hobby to watch television, but I just find it when I surf through some channels.. I can say it's not that entertaining.. but once you get into it, you get into it :p. I really enjoyed it when I was young though, I used to think it was real!

Googled

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Don't feel ashamed of yourself, I'm right there with you man.. I'm 23 years old that lives in a cold place in Canada, and man do I love to watch wrestling! My favourite wrestler used to be the Rock, now it's gotta be the Undertaker.. and I'm not that childish, I just like to watch it for the laughs on how fake it looks when they get kicked and punched lol.

I was an old NWA fan
Dusty Rhodes
Magnum TA
Road Warriors
Sting
Rick Flair and the original four horsemen Tully Blanchard, Iron and Ollie Anderson
RocknRoll Express
Nakita Koloff
Ivan Kolloff
the Stiener Bros, before Scott went off the deep end.
Jim Crocket new how to run a show after tuner got it and turn it into WCW it went south fast

moosehead

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I grew up about 90 miles NE of Memphis TN and I watched Mid South Championship Wrestling with Jerry Lawler, "Superstar" Bill Dundee, "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol, The Moondogs, "Handsome" Jimmy Valiant, Kamala "The Ugundan Giant", The Rock N Roll Express, Jimmy Hart, Paul Heyman, Nick Bockwinkle, so on and so forth. I really miss those days because you never knew what was going to happen next. Every time they would come to The Oman Arena in Jackson TN it was standing room only. Nowadays they have embraced the "entertainment" aspect of it and it is not as fun to watch as the pros of the 80's. Only during that time could Jerry Lawler and Andy Kauffman carry on a feud for 2 years and keep you guessing as to what these guys really thought of each other. Now your fued last to the next PPV which is only about evry 25-30 days. Long gone are the days of the old but I still enjoy watching old videos of these guys in action. Sometime check out Youtube and type in Andy Kauffman and watch the famous Letterman episode where Lawler gets up and slaps Kauffman out ofhis chair. Just priceless. Glad to see someone else out there likes the old days also!!

Long gone are the days of not having to pay per view for a wrestling event! The Rock was slightly entertaining though a few years ago. :)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZJNpniAJ0k&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

OH I forgot one the faboulous Free Birds:)
Jimmy Garvin, Bam Bam Bigalow and Micheal Free bird Hayes
Also
Berry Windham
Hay Stack Calhoun
Johnny Weaver he's going back to the 60s

Last edited:
Best Match Ever

MAgnum TA Tully Blanchard Greensboro NC. 60 minutes in a cage I Quit match for US title no DQ and these two guys really didn't like each other in real life, the mat was red when they were through, you could'nt tell what they looked like.

Also did you notice back then these guys looked normal as in they didn't look like they were juicing like they do now.:)
the video of this match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltBSMoAsbiw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im5V7Yew7hk
Others
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhwVkWpJNaM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kymptXS_7w

Last edited:
Another note Tully Blanchard now runs Tully Blanchard ministries in Matthews NC. it is a prison ministry where he gores to prisons to preach the word of God.
other wrestlers who have given their lives to Christ and step into ministry
Steve Bordon (Sting)
Nikita Koloff
Lex Lugar
Ted Debiasie
Shaun Michaels
:)

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
MAgnum TA Tully Blanchard Greensboro NC. 60 minutes in a cage I Quit match for US title no DQ and these two guys really didn't like each other in real life, the mat was red when they were through, you could'nt tell what they looked like.

Also did you notice back then these guys looked normal as in they didn't look like they were juicing like they do now.:)
the video of this match
YouTube - Magnum v Blanchard - I Quit P1
YouTube - Magnum v Blanchard - I Quit P2
Others
YouTube - Dusty Rhodes vs Tully Blanchard
YouTube - Tully Blanchard vs. Dusty Rhodes Barbed Wire Ladder Match
haha cool stuff Cowboy, for looking normal, they were some good sized dudes. haha I bet 95% of the wrestlers today juice. It's a sad but probably true, and the worst thing about it, is the kids and teens all look up to those guys and want to be just like them.