Anyone here ever buy an HDTV just for the Superbowl?

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
#1
....and then return it back to the store after the game? I've heard stories of people doing this before, but I've never met anyone who did this. ;) Seems like a lot of work for just a few hours of entertainment.

:car:
 

JakesDTVBlog

DTVUSAForum Member, , , Webmaster of: Jake's DTV B
#4
When I worked in the rent-to-own business a few years ago, we had quite a few customers rent sets just for that purpose, mainly because HD sets were so ungodly expensive at the time. I'd think that is probably a thing of the past now, what with prices now being much more reasonable (and getting more so all the time).
 

gary350

DTVUSA Member
#5
Superbowl. I have never watched the Superbowl and never will. I have no interest it watching a bunch of people throw a leather ball and knock hell out of each other. I have no interest in loud mouth jerks screaming and yelling that get drunk and piss their own pants. Geeeeeez what a waste of time. I thought this is a democratic society why does 75% of the population have to deal with the other 25% that watch this crap, scream and yell and vomit all over themself and others.
 
Top