Anyone here ever buy an HDTV just for the Superbowl?

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
....and then return it back to the store after the game? I've heard stories of people doing this before, but I've never met anyone who did this. ;) Seems like a lot of work for just a few hours of entertainment.

:car:

JakesDTVBlog

DTVUSAForum Member, , , Webmaster of: Jake's DTV B
When I worked in the rent-to-own business a few years ago, we had quite a few customers rent sets just for that purpose, mainly because HD sets were so ungodly expensive at the time. I'd think that is probably a thing of the past now, what with prices now being much more reasonable (and getting more so all the time).

gary350

DTVUSA Member
Superbowl. I have never watched the Superbowl and never will. I have no interest it watching a bunch of people throw a leather ball and knock hell out of each other. I have no interest in loud mouth jerks screaming and yelling that get drunk and piss their own pants. Geeeeeez what a waste of time. I thought this is a democratic society why does 75% of the population have to deal with the other 25% that watch this crap, scream and yell and vomit all over themself and others.