Anyone ready for the next American Idol?

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I can't say that I am. I liked it a lot in the beginning, but it seems to have gotten so over the top and commercialized. I hate it when the contestants hold a Coke in their hand to promote them, and are told what lines to say. It just takes away from what the show is supposed to be about, which is talent. I also don't think I can handle too much more of Paula's stuttering and drunken behavior. I may come back and watch just to hear Simon's comments though :).

Froix

DTVUSA Member
The rest of my family watches this show a lot so I have no choice really. Still, I've always liked talent shows. I'll agree with Paula's constant stuttering and I hear they're adding a new female judge in the show.

Just like many of the other reality shows that have been on for a while, the novelty has worn off and like Leighdu mentioned, the commercialization is just way over the top. Will I watch it? Probably, because my wife likes the show.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Are they really replacing Paula? I've heard this rumor for two seasons now, yet Paula keeps coming right back. I remember last season supposedly Courtney Love was going to take over, but it never happened. I think they SHOULD replace Paula, but I just don't see it happening.