Anyone remember the Magnavox Odyssey?

Funafuti

DTVUSA Member
I don't think I've ever found anyone else who remembers the Magnavox Odyssey, alleged to be the first-ever commercial home video game console. I remember as a child our family got this, which my brother and I thought was the greatest thing ever. It was pretty primitive by today's standards, but five-year-old me didn't think there could ever be anything cooler. I don't remember much about the specific games, just that there were these clear plastic overlays you would stick on the TV screen to provide a little detail and color to the display. The games were just a baby-step above pong, but I loved them. Anyone else have any idea what I'm talking about?

MMkaho

DTVUSA Member
Cant say that i have seen one personally but of course of the years i might have and just didnt relaize it our mission store gets alot of things coming throuhg i might have looked at ti and though it was something else

Funafuti

DTVUSA Member
Unfortunately I have no idea at all what ever became of the one our family owned. I'd love a chance to play with one again to see what kinds of memories would get stirred up.

MMkaho

DTVUSA Member
Unfortunately I have no idea at all what ever became of the one our family owned. I'd love a chance to play with one again to see what kinds of memories would get stirred up.
I feel the same way with the atari had one when i was young lost it when we moved around 93

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
There are a whole lot of Magnavox Odyssey and Atari 2600 Systems available on ebay - even a few on Amazon. There's also 4 versions of the Atari Flashback - a new, redesigned version of the classic Atari 2600 that has games built in and no cartridge slot for games.