Anyone use Blu-ray Live?

JeepJeep

DTVUSA Member
Just got my Sony BD player BDP-S360 today for Christmas. :) It's great, but one thing I haden't really planned on doing was running a Cat 5 wire to my TV for internet. Especially for Blu-ray Live until I found out that that's how Sony updates the software on the BDP S360.

Has anyone used Blu-ray Live? Is it worth the extra hassle of connecting my BDP-360 to the internet?

kicks92

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I have found nothing interesting on Live. What I have seen is more trailers. Big deal. I might not be smart enough to know how to use the other features on Live or just don't care enough to learn.

So, my answer would be "No" it's not worth looking at.

Although being able to do updates without having to download to a thumbdrive is nice but not sure it is worth running a wire or the price of another wireless router.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
update question

kicks wrote:

... "Although being able to do updates without having to download to a thumbdrive is nice but not sure it is worth running a wire or the price of another wireless router."
------------------------
Can updates be accomplished using a thumbdrive? Both my TV and BlueRay deck need updates. Thanks in advance,
Jim