Are the TV towers going to be hit for sure on Mt. Wilson?

KimLA

DTVUSA Rookie
I'm not so concerned about being able to watch TV but I do worry about not being able to receive emergency information if we lose TV signals. I only have internet at my work here, so if anyone can help I'd appreciate it,

Kim

TVTom51

DTVUSA Member
Don't know what to suggest for you, most of Los Angeles' television and radio transmitters are in danger along and now today, I'm hearing that cell communications may be affected too which some of your local emergency law enforcement communications are transmitted on. It's such a major communication hub for LA, I'm surprised that they haven't thought about this before.

Trip

Moderator, , , Webmaster of: Rabbit Ears
Staff member
The fire didn't submit a plan to the state before it started burning. I'm sure this is a violation of that law that requires wildfires to submit detailed plans for which areas they will burn. :D

In all seriousness though, there's no way to tell. They've sprayed the towers with flame retardant material, but there's no telling whether or not that will help anything.

All we can do at this point is hope that the winds don't pick up and that it manages to not get to the top of the mountain.

- Trip