Are there any other streaming TV subscription services like Netflix or Hulu Plus?

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
So far the only other ones I know about are the Redboxinstent.com, Amazon prime, and Vudu.com. As far as the redboxinstent.com goes, they are not to bad. Its basically just like buying from a red box its self. Only you are doing it from your own TV. Now the Vudu.com site, I personally do not like. The price is based on whether you rent or buy the movie. For example, the new Redick movie was 5.95 to rent for the night, as were buying it was much higher. The only they I do like about vudu.com is that you can buy blue-ray movies and put in the code and it stays on vudu, for you to keep. Which means you can watch that movie any time you want without having to be at home to watch it.

Yes I have ESPN, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, BBC, PBS, all that through my blu-ray player. It accesses the internet, Hulu, Netflix, Rodbox Instant, and has Smart TV capabilities. I have youtube at my fingertips, Google Video, and Amazon Prime all there on my Panasonic blu-ray player I picked up off Amazon for $43.99 and free shipping.
But you admitted in another thread you get Astound CATV service. You don't get ESPN through a Blu Ray player unless it's hooked up to CATV or some other feed. According to the Astound home page, current promo on Basic CATV is $19.95 for three months if you bundle it with internet. After three months, it goes up to $44.95 . After twelve months it goes up to $65.95 . None of this includes installation, universal service fee, tax, yadayadayada.

Maybe you missed something -- a Roku box is a one time charge. It works with any decent broadband connection. After the initial $50 to $100, you're done paying the shysters. The membership here is largely composed of cable cutters, i.e. NO CATV. :bigband::dance::applause: That's one of the main themes of this web site.

Your Rickness

I had never heard of Roku until I came to this site. In my world cable TV was the only option you had to watch the shows that are out there. Based on this thread alone my interest has been peeked. I may have to check it out. I know I'm tired of paying 150 a month for cable service. It's ridiculous.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
$150? Ouch. Do you realize that over the next 10 years it will cost you about $20,000 when you figure in price increases?

I was paying $70 to DirecTV every month and I thought it was a lot. At first I just had an antenna. I managed to live without a lot of shows for the first couple years until a lot of it became available online. Most everything I want is either on broadcast TV for free with an antenna, or online, usually on Hulu or Netflix. You just have to be patient, all good shows are eventually available without cable.

G

Roku box ok to buy, but their are other that stream line also by voice command!

My name is Dave and my brother who passed away two years ago. I found his Roku box and been using it since you need internet to use, but you than have a choice of hulu, netflix and others. Their are many other boxes that you can buy just like the Roku that works well also you can also if you have the 360, play station ect. and even on the computer, ipad devices also can receive the net flix ect.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
My name is Dave and my brother who passed away two years ago. I found his Roku box and been using it since you need internet to use, but you than have a choice of hulu, netflix and others. Their are many other boxes that you can buy just like the Roku that works well also you can also if you have the 360, play station ect. and even on the computer, ipad devices also can receive the net flix ect.
Amazon Fire TV has voice control, but like all voice controls it's flaky. Being a newer product, there aren't as many channels available as Roku offers. There are tons of channels for Roku, a lot of them free.

Gandorf

DTVUSA Rookie
Filmon.com

Everyone check out Filmon.com it's free thousands of movies and free Tv in many languages English Germany Italian Asian Hispanic awesome site and interactive BEST OF ALL FREE