Are You Going to Try to Win a Billion Dollars Watching March Madness?

So, in case you weren't watching TV or surfing the Internet in the last day, Warren Buffet made some big news by announcing a new $1 Billion Dollar March Madness Bracket contest yesterday.
The Forbes Article covering (you have to skip through the opening ad on the site):
Warren Buffett Offers $1 Billion For Perfect March Madness Bracket - Forbes

If you manage to the beat the nearly impossible odds and submit a perfect bracket for the 2014 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament, then you will will $1 Billion. If you win, you can either take 40 annual payments of $25 million or a lump sum payment of $500 million if you don't want to wait 40 years....

The contest opens on March 3rd, 2014. The 2014 NCAA Selection Sunday show that announces this year's brackets will be held on Sunday, March 16th, 2014. There will only be 10 million entrants allowed into the contest, and only one person per household can enter. There is no fee to enter the contest.

The Quicken Loans Facebook page announcing the contest and with more info: https://www.facebook.com/QuickenLoans

Once you sign-up for the contest, you can watch all of the 2014 March Madness Games for free courtesy of the NCAA here:
NCAA March Madness | NCAA.com

Good luck!

Hmmm, I guess we don't have many college basketball fans on here who want to take the extremely long odds at winning free money on 2014 March Madness.
Anyway, some bracket tips that my wife typically uses to kick my rear end each NCAA Basketball tournament are:

1 - Pick the winners by team mascot
2 - Pick the winners by coolest sounding name
3 - Pick the winners by best seed
4 - Just randomly pick the winners based on feel for the names, or
5 - A combination of the above.

What are some of the best NCAA basketball tournament bracket tips that you have used?

Don't forget to register for your chance to win a billion dollars on 2014 March Madness here in a few weeks! Even if you have never watched a college basketball game and randomly pick the winners, why not????

Just another friendly reminder that the clock is ticking for all of us to sign-up for our chance to win a cool billion for picking a perfect March Madness bracket! I'll remind everyone once more (after I sign up)! :)

Ok everyone, registration for the Billion Dollar Challenge is open!
Only open to the first 15 million folks (believe me that will go quick). So, to save you a little hassle on the sign-up process (not intuitive) I recommend:
1 - Sign into a Yahoo account (if you have one). If you don't, go make one (good for spam mail if you use someone else at least, but a requirement for this contest).
2 - Once Signed in, go here:
https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/quickenloansbracket/challenge/

3 - You will have to get a 5 digit code "texted" to your phone. Once you have it, enter it on the site (clearly shows you where to do this).
4 - Then, go to the registration email and confirm that it is yours!
If you got in under the 15 million mark, you will be notified right then and there.
And if you are super bored, here's my blog post on the expanded coverage for the 2014 NCAA Tournament via the NCAA's app for this season's tournament!

http://www.dtvusaforum.com/blogs/ca...dness-tv-schedule-sees-expanded-coverage.html

So...everyone is out the billion....but the top 20 still get a 100K! Somehow, I am still in this thing :) I'm ranked 2,115 before the games tonight, but the difference in my rank and being #20 is exactly 1 game's difference! Guess I'll be watching all of the games remaining in the tournament now to see if lightning might strike :) All of my Final Four selections are in tact, so will see!

Ha! I never usually win either unless its for like a cup of coffee or something at work! Will see...I probably jinxed myself now and watch Florida get upset by Dayton or something today!!!

Man, I just got my internet back working and wish that I could have entered for the Brackets. Even though I have no clue as to what this contest is about or what the Brackets is all about. But I am however about to check out the website information you have provided to see what the contest is all about. The way things are going in my life right now that money would be very nice for me right about now. I wait 40 years and get paid annually. That's still a lot of money. Times are hard and opportunities like this could be great, but there is always the reality that they make it difficult to win as well. But I wish you the best and I pray you win.

Well, I was close, but no dinero! If Kentucky had won, I would have been very, very close (if not in) the Top 20! Maybe next year. My mortgage is already with Quicken Loans, so at least they didn't make any money off of me directly :)

Dang! I would have been very, very, very upset with myself to be in the same position! I'm surprised Buffet hasn't given him some money for some free PR!