Are your favorite show broadcast in HDTV?

Trusted Writer

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Although there is extensive information about how HDTV will revolutionize the way in we watch television starting on February 17, 2009, the fact is that there are number of broadcast television stations in the United States that are already transmitting digital programming along or complementary to the analog airwaves broadcasting.

Even though, only those who own already a digital TV or the converter box will be able to enjoy the new dimension of our household entertainment with improved graphics and sound quality, same thing if you are already subscribed to a network offering digital programming.

However, if you are unsure if digital broadcasting is available or received in your geographical location, there is a website that will help you to map the nearby digital antenna so you can start enjoying the future now, http://www.antennaweb.org

teresa

DTVUSA Member
I think it's great that all transmission is going digital in February. But as for HD, some networks are trying to pretend to be HD by just stretching the screen. Our local weather guy looks like he gained 20 pounds ever since the channel decided to go "HD".

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's great that all transmission is going digital in February. But as for HD, some networks are trying to pretend to be HD by just stretching the screen. Our local weather guy looks like he gained 20 pounds ever since the channel decided to go "HD".
haha, true, we recently upgraded to a widescreen TV in the family room, and on regular non-DTV television stations, everyone looks about 20-40 pounds heavier.

nick

DTVUSA Member
I like prison break which is transmitted in HD and i like the quality. But its true that some channels just pretend to be HD just by stretching the screen and increasing the aspet ratio... its funny actually...

out of all the channels I get, the only channels that show prime time programming in HD are NBC, and CBS.

The picture quality is way sharper then SD channels. I adjust the settings on my LCD tv's menu. Most of them are 1080i.

Yes616

The Mod Squad
There are so many older shows that could be upconverted to HD and it hasn't happened yet. It is said it is way too expensive.

You got to admit, "Hogan's Heroes" looks great. For those of you who used to have Voom, "Flipper" was excellent.

I read somewhere that "Gilligan's Island" was coming soon but that must have been 5 years ago and so far, nothing.

If it was filmed, it could be upconverted very nicely. If it was a video tape, it can't be done. Archie Bunker and George Jefferson in HD would have been great. :)

Not to mention.. "Lost in Space". :)