Arguing with judges

What's with the recent arguing with the judges? After all, don't these people know they are on a talent show and that arguing will only make them look less appealing in the eyes of the judges?

Postman

DTVUSA Member
I don’t think that they could help it because this is what they have been doing in there entire life and then suddenly someone will tell them that they are not good enough.

I remember the time when I was still teaching that some students of mine are arguing about there grades because they believe that they deserve a higher grade.

Weeguy

DTVUSA Member
It's one thing to disagree, but, people forget that Simon, Randy, and Paula have a ton of experience, not to mention, they're producer's too.

If I were a contestant on Idol, I'd get the first 4 seasons on DVD, and spend some time studying what Simon and company like. It's not that difficult to get the main idea of "following directions" and "be unique" down, yet most people forget about that stuff and sing songs that are either out of their vocal range or just not their style.

dreamr802

DTVUSA Member
I agree...there is a fine line between disagreeing and arguing with the judges. If you don't agree just keep your mouth shut and work on whatever they told you to do. That is the only way you are going to be successful.

yup, true true true...but a lot of these people break down..they miss their kids..wives etc.
I suppose you never know how you'll handle the pressure and separation until it actually happens. If I had to be gone that long and not see my family I'm not so sure I could stick it out.

If I were a contestant on Idol, I'd get the first 4 seasons on DVD, and spend some time studying what Simon and company like. It's not that difficult to get the main idea of "following directions" and "be unique" down, yet most people forget about that stuff and sing songs that are either out of their vocal range or just not their style.
My hubby calls that, "Being a student of the game", except most of the time he uses that reference about football. :)

I think you are absolutely correct Weeguy. The smart contestant would take a look at how the winners from previous seasons have done it. Although each winner has had a different style, there are still some basics that the judges look for.

Postman

DTVUSA Member
I know that Simon is a jerk but we got to remember that he becomes a judge because of his experience and not by just asking someone to make him one.

But what ever happened to losing gracefully? It's not only with some of these contestants, but it seems like it is just something that society has lost. You don't have to like losing, but at least show some grace by not arguing with the judges.