Arris router "resets" port forwarding settings after a few minutes? Can't see Synolo

Arris router "resets" port forwarding settings after a few minutes? Can't see Synolo

This question is about "Arris router "resets" port forwarding settings after a few minutes? Can't see Synology from outside", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps. Hi everyone. I have an Arris DG1670A with TWC, we use it for wifi and LAN access in a small office. I recently purchased a Synology DS216 to use in the office for various services. (File service, video sharing, etc) which I need to access over the Internet so I can work from home sometimes.

The Synology device has an "EZ Internet" wizard that detects the Arris and configures all the port forwarding for its various services. It works perfeclty. ... for a little while. After usually a few minutes the port forwarding stops working and it seems like the Arris has "reset" its port forwarding back to factory standard or something. Has anyone experienced this or have any idea if I can set something to prevent this from happening?

TWC customer support refuses to configure the Arris for me and instead only offers to put the Arris in "bridge" mode (but I do not own another router.)

This topic covered Arris router "resets" port forwarding settings after a few minutes? Can't see Synology from outside, and TWC cable internet service.