AT&T Cable Television Service to be sold at Walmart and Circuit City

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
AT&T announced agreements with Circuit City and Wal-Mart to sell AT&T U-verseSM TV and AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet in stores across the US beginning this October.

Source: AT&T- News Room

Anybody ever heard of or tried AT&T TV services? It looks like it's signal is delivered as an IP-based television (IPTV) service? Is AT&T using the web to deliver it's TV service?

Taki

DTVUSA Member
I won't be buying this or anything else I can keep from buying at Walmart. This is a corporation that is a eyesore to anyone who wants jobs for this country. I mean come on people Walmart=China. Make sure you ask for an American made product before you pull your wallet out. Your country needs you dude.

AT&T announced agreements with Circuit City and Wal-Mart to sell AT&T U-verseSM TV and AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet in stores across the US beginning this October.

Source: AT&T- News Room

Anybody ever heard of or tried AT&T TV services? It looks like it's signal is delivered as an IP-based television (IPTV) service? Is AT&T using the web to deliver it's TV service?
yes they are doing as sky angel they have gone to IPTV which uses a broadband connection to the modem. you must have at least 1.5mb per sec to use it though.:)

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
So basically they will have At&T reps working in a Kiosk to get potential new customers to sign on with At&t? Hmm, sounds interesting, but I think I will stick with good ole' Time Warner.

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
I won't be buying this or anything else I can keep from buying at Walmart. This is a corporation that is a eyesore to anyone who wants jobs for this country. I mean come on people Walmart=China. Make sure you ask for an American made product before you pull your wallet out. Your country needs you dude.
Unfortunately, Taki, Walmart and Chinese-made products are here to stay. The reason? We Americans want to get affordable products, but we also want to work for a lot of money as well. There's a dichotomy, because products cost more to manufacture when they're made here by American workers than when they're made by "cheap foreign labor" overseas.

If products made in the U.S. were not as expensive, then there'd be no need to buy "Made in China" ones.

dreamr802

DTVUSA Member
Unfortunately, Taki, Walmart and Chinese-made products are here to stay. The reason? We Americans want to get affordable products, but we also want to work for a lot of money as well. There's a dichotomy, because products cost more to manufacture when they're made here by American workers than when they're made by "cheap foreign labor" overseas.

If products made in the U.S. were not as expensive, then there'd be no need to buy "Made in China" ones.
I completely agree with you...I shop at Walmart all the time because it's cheap and more afordable. Especially when you are on a tight budget, walmart can be your best friend.

sbsqrpnts

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I have At&t u-verse now and it's a pain because the internet and television are constantly freezing and dropping the signal. I call and complain, they send out their tech and the tech can't find anything wrong and leaves. At&t is suppose to be this really great company yet they can't even keep their services running properly and when you call you get someone from India answering the phones. I don't even want to start on their phone menu when you call for customer service. What a joke is all I have to say.

jack

DTVUSA Member
they are giving their product cheapily but don't know whether it is reliable or not?if you are economically down means ,you can buy this for emergency cases.

tj716

DTVUSA Member
I have At&t u-verse now and it's a pain because the internet and television are constantly freezing and dropping the signal. I call and complain, they send out their tech and the tech can't find anything wrong and leaves. At&t is suppose to be this really great company yet they can't even keep their services running properly and when you call you get someone from India answering the phones. I don't even want to start on their phone menu when you call for customer service. What a joke is all I have to say.
If you still have AT&T U-verse did things get better for you? We were looking into switching to them once they get to where we live, now they are finally here we are weighting our options?